1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Derby

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

2. brb

brb CR250

There is justice after all for your lads. <ok>

Going to be hit with a double whammy now, not only did they cheat relegation last season, they are also trying to cheat out of 9 point deduction this season by going into administration, which in itself will incur a 12 point deduction.

Shocking a club in this state can afford the likes of Rooney as a manager.

Wooperts_duck, Ron and mowgli1960 like this.
  3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

All i will say is it serves the cheating feckers right. Derby won't enjoy playing Gillingham,Crewe,Shrewsbury and maybe us next season. <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

brb likes this.
  4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just beat me to it brb. The sad thing is, this should have been applied last season but the spineless EFL backed down. Derby should have been relegated. I presume Wycombe will now sue for loss of earnings. Not that it will do much good if they have no money. Justice has been done for Derby but not for Wycombe

Wooperts_duck, brb and mowgli1960 like this.
  5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

mowgli1960 likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Justice will be done mate, when they have to play my lot next season. <laugh>

Ron likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just thrash them 6-0. That would bring a big smile. I think when we play them it will be like a battle field

brb likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apparently not an automatic 12 point deduction according to EFL. Derby have been losing between £1.3m - £1.5m per month for several months and was obviously not sustainable which was why Morrison was trying to sell the club. Derby could be saved because any one of the 3 potential buyers who drpped out (inc the one that dropped out this week which forced Derby into applying for administration) could come back in as the purchase price will now be condiderably less.

brb likes this.
  9. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

The most annoying thing about one of the three clubs who were promotoed last season are going to gain out of this, & we will probably lose out.

10. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Losing that much per month…. How does it get that bad. Surely someone must have some common sense.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes, just not there it would seem

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't wish Administration on any set of fans even if the Club itself deserves it. When I think back to how close we were to going out of existence it's scary. Not only do the fans suffer who had no input into the spending but also all of the little people owed money by them. They will lose out. I am so glad we have Hallett in our Boardroom now even in preference to Brent who some would say was our saviour in the first place. I never liked Brent and didn't trust him one inch. He spent nothing of his own money to obtain the club but did very well out of it all before disappearing. Anyway, the fact all this wasn't dealt with when it should have been, i.e. last season, is a further travesty. Lets face it we would all rather be playing Derby in league one for 92 minutes than Wycombe for 120.................

I do think you were seen off though.

Ron likes this.
  13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

14. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If they get docked 21 points in total I think that might just be retrospective relegation Ron. Mind you it is possible to escape. I remember them docking Luton some years back and when they looked like staying up they docked them another lot and if memory serves did them a third time just to make sure. Why they couldn't just say you are down no matter what I don't know. Lack of balls probably. Derby would have to improve a lot mind.

15. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

If they admit to breaking fair play rules last season, but arguing about it to stop relegation Rob must have a case

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think he definitely has a case but whether anything will come of it is another matter

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Extract fron The Athletic
    "Were the Rams handed a points deduction in the 2020/21 campaign, Wycombe would’ve remained in the second tier and the club’s owner has issued his verdict on the current situation at Pride Park in an interview with The Athletic.

Couhig said: “As for Derby, they have played a game with the public and their fans. Who gets damaged by this? The Derby fans – I have sympathy for them. But I have a lot of sympathy for us. And every other owner gets tarnished with this brush.”

The Chairboys have made a strong start to life back in League One and are among the frontrunners to win promotion back to the Championship this season but Couhig has indicated that last season’s relegation could cost his club up to £20 million.

He added: “I am looking at this thing and saying: ‘What does this mean to us economically?’”

“In the spirit of full disclosure, I am looking at all of those things. I do not want to say we are going to do anything, but getting whacked for this amount of money? We’ve done things right.

The Verdict

While Derby fans are the main victims here, the ongoing situation must be a really frustrating one for Wycombe.

You would’ve understood if Couhig’s comments about the East Midlands club were much more scathing than these given had things played out slightly differently, Gareth Ainsworth’s side would still be in the second tier.

The Chairboys were very, very close to extending their stay in the Championship for a second season but narrowly missed out on survival, which as the club’s owner has outlined has proven very costly.

After Friday’s announcement, Derby have to be the favourites for relegation and you wouldn’t bet against seeing Wycombe go the other way when the 2021/22 campaign draws to a close."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  18. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

So would Rob be suing the EFL for £20m in lost earnings. I can’t see us getting any money out of Derby.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The only way I can see us getting a penny is if a buyer comes in for Derby. But then, no doubt, they won't get the penalty and we would be back where we started, stuffed

20. brb

brb CR250

When does the 9 point deduction get applied to Derby County?

My understanding from reports was the 9 points was reduced from 12 after some agreement had 'nearly' been reached. Next thing we know, the club has gone into administration, which in itself will incur another 12 point deduction, 21 points in total.

My point being, going into administration should not halt the removal of those 9 points from them, otherwise it is just allowing the owners to cheat the process once again. IMHO I think the nine point deduction should be applied without further delay, regardless of their financial situation.