1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Development squad

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Aug 25, 2020.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Pablo Martinez has signed for the development squad on his release from WBA. He has signed a 1 year deal with the option of a further year. He has represented the welsh national team at U16s and U19s.
    He is a CB possessing quality on the ball. He started life at Reading before being released at 16 and joining WBA who released him this summer

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Seen good things about him. Definitely Menayese replacement I feel.

3. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

I'll be watching the u23's this Friday against Dorchester, see you all there............

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Can fans attend this game?

5. MassiveAttack

Dorchester play in the Southern Premier South, which is non-league step 3, (2 divisions below what rovers were a couple of seasons a go) teams at this step and below can admit fans.
    The friendly matches have a reduced capacity of 300 and when the league starts thats doubled. So far the demand for friendly tickets is greater than what they get for league games (where just the same old few turn up) perhaps showing how much we've missed football.

6. MassiveAttack

'I believe the children are our future'

Well going by what I watched last night, there won't be much of a future. The Bristol Rovers U23's / Development squad are certainly not anything special and I would imagine none of these players will ever break into the 1st team.

7. old timer

Bristol live have done a good article on Rovers Young players to watch, They have according to said article turned down 2 bids from Southampton for Zain Walker

8. old timer

Kieran Phillips joining Chippenham town on loan until the new year, he will link up with Luke Russe again who recently signed for them
    They are also trying to arrange loan moves for Lucas Tomlinson and Tom Mehew

9. MassiveAttack

Today I shall be watching Dorcheter Town v Steve Claridge's Salisbury, I see Alexis André Jr.is in goal for Salisbury. Boooooooo!

10. old timer

Sam Heal has joined Melksham on loan Loan length not stated but has joined in time for selection in todays match

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Salisbury had our youth keeper (4th choice) on loan but we had to recall him and give them Alexis (3rd choice) instead because of the limit of 22 players in the squad. Under 21's don't count. As Alexis is over the cut off age, we gave Salisbury Alexis and took our youth keeper back, who is under the cut off age, to act as cover for our main 2 keepers. So Salisbury got the better deal of it. I do rate Alexis. I have a feeling he will be a top keeper in years to come, if someone takes a gamble on him. Now I have said that, watch him concede 5 today, give a penalty away and get sent off.... all before half time <doh>

12. MassiveAttack

No he'll be fine against Dorch, Salisbury were one of the best teams I watched last season and Dorchester were the worst!
    I didn't want to say but I can't help myself that the keeper for Dorch is Will Buse, a young lad on loan from City! I will report back later who won the golden gloves!

13. old timer

Salisbury won 6 - 1 today

14. MassiveAttack

Salsbury keeper had 2 shots to save, 1/2 . A bit of a flapper on crosses

15. old timer

Rovers lost 3 - 4 to Oxford Dev squad Scorers for Rovers Luca Hoole 2 and Warwick.

Josh Barrett played in this match for 45 minutes

16. old timer

Development squad beat Torquay 3 - 2 over an experienced side littered with 1st elven players. Goals from Ryan Jones, Harvey Greenslade and Lucas Tomlinson

17. old timer

Lucas Tomlinson impressed for Rovers in their fixture against Torquay today he signed on loan for them, Torquay are third in the league with 8 games to go. Wish him the best of luck on his loan and I hope he comes back to the Rovers at the end of it

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

If given game time, this could help him get minutes under his belt that he won't get with us as not been given a chance by Barton. And if he does well then that will boost his confidence <ok>

old timer likes this.
  19. MassiveAttack

Dorchester just signed a young boy Kieran Phillips on loan from rovers, he scored twice yesterday!

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Annoying really. The lad can score. Yet we let him go. I see the benefits of letting him go to get experience but he could gain experience learning from dads army which is Pitman and Clarke and we can use him to help us get goals. Yet out he goes scoring goals and gaining points elsewhere which we fail to score yet again.

old timer and MassiveAttack like this.