1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Did anyone else see a newcastle player touching the ball on its way into the net ? It was offside!

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Jan 23, 2022.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

We've conceded a lot of goals because of Ayling not pushing out with the rest of the defence and playing the opposition onside.

He has become a bit of a liability in that respect and needs to switch on to what’s going on around him.

sniffer1, Whitejock and oldschool like this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Agreed. Have noticed this a few times - especially when he plays CB. Really lets himself down with this habit (which I doubt he'll lose at this stage in his career).

As for the goal, I watched a replay on telly which confirmed the touch, but also confirmed that he was onside when he touched it. End of for me.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  3. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

How is it fair qhen the new
    NewCastle player touches the ball in an offside position causing the ball to deviate and goalkeeper not getting it , so VAR Would have shown it , also you Said before that the newcastle player was not offside when you clearly can see 1 or even 2 newcastle players offside when the ball was struck and interfering with play , you must have seen the replay by now , I can't see how you are a leeds fan or a fan of the offside rule.

4. sniffer1

As I say and now confirmed by you the newcastle player was offside and the goal should of gone to VAR and then chalked off just like when we scored our 4th goal against West ham and it got chalked off in the same way , I want also to know why no Leeds player complained to the referee ? As Leeds goalkeeper must have seen the newcastle player touch the ball.

Irishshako and Eric Le Merde like this.
  5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I don't think that's quite what he said, but keep going

sniffer1 likes this.
  6. sniffer1

As I say and now confirmed by you the newcastle player was offside and the goal should of gone to VAR and then chalked off just like when we scored our 4th goal against West ham and it got chalked off in the same way , I want also to know why no Leeds player complained to the referee ? As Leeds goalkeeper must have seen the newcastle player touch the ball
    No they did not as both newcastle players run forward from that and one of them stuck out his foot so thereby proving he was offside

7. sniffer1

When that freeze frame is produced does not show the newcastle players running forward just before the ball is struck , not only that they were interfering with play by obstructing the goalies view

8. sniffer1

1 dud touch it in an offside position that's why messier could not save it. It needs referring to FA

Irishshako likes this.
  9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

They'll fine us and dock 15 points:grin:

sniffer1 likes this.
  10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

FFS SniFfEr! I posted earlier on that there was a touch - but the player was CONFIRMED BY VAR TO BE ONSIDE. I watched 'the lines' myself.

As I said earlier, end of.

Irishshako and Aski like this.

11. sniffer1

True ha ha bet we would suddenly play good again and end up in the top 4 , it might end up being best thing LOL Leeds always do things the hard way

Irishshako likes this.
  12. sniffer1

But it still should of gone to VAR .
    and why no Leeds player including messier complain about it to referee to go to VAR you never know VAR might have ruled it offside remember Bamford having it ruled offside last year because his arm was beyond the offside line

13. Irishshako

I don't trust VAR WJ. <ok> or those corrupt ****s who use it.<ok>

sniffer1 likes this.
  14. Irishshako

We certainly do:grin:

sniffer1 likes this.
  15. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

It did go to VAR though. Every goal scored in the Premier League is accessed by VAR, whether there is some doubt or not concerning an infringement. As to whether you agree or disagree with the VAR decision is another matter, but VAR assessed that the goal was valid

Whitejock and xbpod like this.
  16. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Glad we’ve cleared this up. To summarise:

people who think it wasn’t a legitimate goal: - - sniffer (proper Leeds fan and offside law guru)

people who think it was a legitimate goal:

- everyone else (not real Leeds fans, don’t understand offside)

To those of you convinced the newcastle player got a touch? Just the camera angle as it dipped and bounced. No way the newcastle player wouldn't have claimed the goal then or afterwards. Opta have a goal accreditation panel if there was doubt. The goal is given to shelvey. Sorry boys it didn't happen. Meslier just misjudged the bounce. <cheers>

17. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

You've missed out the startling revelation that somehow, in the cesspit that is Pattaya, Sniffer has managed to find like minded people who view life & the world through the same lens as he does <ok>

Probably the perfect place for the next meet up.

Irishshako likes this.
  18. Irishshako

VAR is a sham IMO Aski. Some of the decisions or no descisions that have and haven't been made are pathetic. I am a cynic of it. <ok>

Infidel and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  19. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you Shaks, I just also don't agree with introducing conspiracy theories, just because a decision doesn't go the way we would prefer.

Sniffer asked why didn't VAR look at the incident, all I am doing is educating him (if he wishes to learn of course ;) ) that VAR looks at every goal.

Whether you then agree or disagree with that decision, is another argument. The problem with the goal on Saturday, is that from a tv viewers point of view, we didn't have the best angle to make an informed decision on the actual play. However from the information I have, it looked onside to me, so how can I argue that VAR was incorrect, because I wasn't shown the precise VAR angle. Even if VAR didn't exist I would still be saying it looked a valid goal.

I guess I would also say that when it comes to offside, my own personal opinion is that benefit of the doubt should always be given to the attacking side, which is why I always liked the rule that linesman should keep their flags down, unless there is clear space between the last defender and the attacker and I would much prefer that rule to return than the one we have at present.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  20. Irishshako

That's fair enough Aski. Like you I'd have had no problem with the goal if VAR wasn't around and it was left to the officials to make the decision, right or wrong. I'd have liked to see when Shelvey made contact with the ball and the position of those two Newcastle players. It's imaterial now what I think because the decision won't be reversed. I know you've been a long time supporter and you've seen a lot of dodgy decisions that have gone against us over the years, be it from points deducted, fines for so called spygate, to bent refs in European matches and now to VAR which can't even get fouls right. So that's why I'm unforgivingly bias and cynical towards var, refs, fa, fl etc etc, even when the decision IS RIGHT. I won't apologised for that either. But you do make some goods points.<ok>

Aski likes this.