1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

(Dirty) Leeds - Travel Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by WBA2_QPR3, Apr 1, 2011.

?

What should I do?

1. Early dart, get home, placate the wife, watch highlights with Claridge?

2. Caution to the wind, endless beers, take wrong train, end up in Hull?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

OK here's the script. I've heard Paddy Kenny's havin' a party on the 7th May and I've managed to blag a ticket.

No point in driving down from Sheffield in my ol' 'Phil Mitchell' Jag so its the train + beer I reckon.

Train times to / from Chesterfield are grim. Its either the 06 37 which gets me into St Pancras before 9am (not ideal) or the 11 39am which means I miss the match. Its the 06 37 then.

Big question is what train to get home? the 15 55 which means I can get home at quarter to 6 have a couple, grab a ruby and avoid a second divorce but miss the MASSIVE after match party OR go on the lash with 20,000 Happy Hoopers and get the 20 59 home which lands me in Chesvegas the wrong side of witching hour, trollyed and waking 'er indoors up singing 'We are the Champions'......

As you the ex-606 bretheren are all likely to in or around the Bush in person or in mind & spirit on that day you are fully qualified to assist my moral dilemma, what do you advise??

2. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Late a train as possible<ok>

3. Qpranger100

Qpranger100 Member

Get the 15:55.....the next day... stay up all night in the bush.....
    seriously days/night like these have been full a far between so make the most of it
    Take it from you you dont wanna miss the party...
    We broke down on way from Sheff Wednesday last time we were promoted and all we could do was talk to friends while they were celebrating....

'No point making the show, if your not going to stay for the after party'-sorry studied drama at school

4. kingdom hoop

kingdom hoop Active Member

coming over from ireland on the sat morn but not going home til monday. get in there you hoops!!!!!

5. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

From what I see, you have the following options:

1. Get the early train home. Arrive back stone-cold sober, to discover that the missus wasn't expecting you back and had made 'other arrangements' for her evening... Then remember that Claridge is on the telly later.
    2. Get the late train home. Make the classic error in phoning her whilst utterly bladdered on the way back. Get home to find her on the other side of a locked bedroom door, and spend a cold night on the couch. Then go to work the next day with a hangover, only to have your boss asked why you sang ' I just called to say I love you' by Stevie Wonder down the phone to him yesterday evening.
    3. Stay overnight, miss work the next day, lose job, wife and dog in one magnificent gesture. But still be so pissed you really won't care (or notice) until some time in the middle of June.
    4. Give me your ticket, stay home listening to the commentary, then give the wife one before hitting the pub big-style.

Tough call....

6. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Not got a ticket Willy?

7. West London Willy

Nope - not a season ticket holder or a member, so by the time I could get through, all was sold.....

I will only be back from vacation a few days before this anyway, so I'm expecting work to be more manic than ever. Plus the next day is the wife's birthday, so I very much doubt spending that day with a hangover would be appreciated.....

My attitude on the day, however, will be <cheers>

8. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice so far lads, 100% approval rating to get Stella'd up <cheers>

9. West London Willy

I can assume the wife isn't called Stella?