1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do other clubs want to see Leeds in the Premiership

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I live in a Bungalow:emoticon-0136-giggl

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You never get it up there then.....<laugh>

Irishshako likes this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh>

4. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I do understand he has a good CV, but if he is such a coaching genius, why did he fail to escape the Championship the previous season? Why will he be better in the PL than Farke or Smith? Is it his extensive experience in the PL?
    I think you should also say Bielsa was a world class coach, the fact he was in the second tier and failed once suggests that something had gone wrong, world class and takes a Job at Leeds, a Leeds who had not seen top flight for a long time? Maybe he will prove his class again in the PL. but you are only as good as your last season, on that score he's pretty good, as good as Farke a year ago.
    The PL is riddiculously tough though, so lets see how you go.
    All that said, I do think he's a good manager and with the right backing could keep Leeds up, your promotion was in part built on the championships best defense and that should give you a good chance.
    Congrats on the title. Hopefully when we meet again it will be in the PL soon. I hope for all of you that this whole COVID business can bugger off soon because it will be crap missing half your first season back in the promised land to it. You'll need that home crowd too.

Bah!

Whitejock, Jammy 07 and Irishshako like this.
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

His football is like pulling teeth. In the championship with the right budget, you will be competitive though.

Bah!

6. lifecheshirewhite

He just missed out 1st season, with the same team who finished 13th the season before, we then sold £30million worth of players to balance the books, and brought in a handful of loan players, personally hoped for a top 6,but for him to win it by 10 pts playing football better than I've ever seen in the championship, not sure anyone could have done the same.

7. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

You make some fair observations and I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

From our point of view missing out last year was, in hindsight, probably a good thing. We're a much tougher side this year both physically and mentally, also as well as being champions of the division we have 6 or 7 U23's a year more developed and absolutely chomping at the bit to force their way into the side.

Like any newly promoted side though getting off to a good start will be vital.

Irishshako and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  8. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Think you have to factor in players mindset and nerves. Bielsa can only train the players and set the system of play, he doesn’t go out onto the pitch. Not much he can do if their bottle goes and individual errors happen. Wasn’t his system that cost us last year it was the poor execution of it when it mattered <ok>

Whitejock and Eireleeds1 like this.