1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do you trust Parkinson?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Ginnanson, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Ginnanson

Ginnanson Active Member

2. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Big Sam

Bart

LAMackem and Sunderpitt like this.
  3. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Good players make good managers. You can't judge Parkinson until he's had a chance to bring his own players in. He's working with Ross' players (or more accurately Coton's players) and, rightly or wrongly, they may or may not be happy with him. Getting rid of Ross was a PR decision rather than a football decision, on which basis it was a poor one. All those who called for Ross' head have to accept that there will be a rocky spell while Parkinson settles in.

4. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

Two of the reasons I wasn't calling for Ross's head was A, the main problem for me was our players simply weren't good enough rather than a piss poor underperforming manager and B, we'd end up appointing someone like Parkinson and end up going backwards.

5. Ginnanson

Ginnanson Active Member

I agreed with the sacking of Ross, he had 3 windows to put his team in place... Parkinson hasn’t yet had one.

dennylad and Sid like this.
  6. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

He has been here for 5 minutes and it's lunacy to not give him a proper chance to sort things out. He needs at least one transfer window and a decent amount of time after that to work with the new players.

Sack him now or in a months time and we'll be an absolute laughing stock. Who in their right mind would take the job when we've binned the last manager off without giving a proper chance?

What next, bin the next manager off after three league matches?

There are some who are trying to pretend that they're giving him a chance when they are clearly not if they're genuine about sacking him any time soon.

I have no idea whether he'll be a success here or not but no manager stands a chance if we are this impatient.

7. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Ross brought players in for a particular system which he then abandoned.

He persevered with players obviously incapable of making the team better.

He threw countless games, after going ahead, including two at Wembley.

Parkinson has won two home games and is attempting to get the team attacking.

He's using players brought in, or kept, by Ross and is lining up replacements.

If he brings in tough, energetic players, who battle and drag the others along with them, that would persuade me to trust Parkinson.

At the moment I trust him more than the players tbh.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  8. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh hang on to Parkinson
    See where we are at end of January
    He should have us up and running by then
    However could that be too late ?????

Gil T Azell, Ginnanson and Sunderpitt like this.
  9. RIC

RIC Well-Known Member

Nope worse than Ross and Grayson.

10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

If we start the Coventry game with Grigg, McGeady and Maguire all playing I'll have lost a chunk of faith in Parkinson. It'd show to me how little he's learned and isn't willing to try something different. Grigg and McGeady in particular need some time out.

11. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

The problem is the season was slipping away, a section of the fans turned on Ross, Donald sacked him and brought in Parkinson. Unfortunately we have not had a new manager bounce, rather it's a splat...and the season is slipping away even quicker!..

What would I do... bring in Big Sam, if he will come.

12. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

I don’t know him personally.

im just worried that if safc these two home games this week, then his position may become untenable

no manager is unsackable, even the genius clough had 44 days and out, when those players would not play for him

Nostradamoose and Ginnanson like this.
  13. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

The end of January would barely give him any time with any new players that he'd brought in during the window given that it's unlikely that they'll all be signing on the dotted line on the 1st.

14. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

It is ridiculous to suggest that his position may become untenable after such a short period of time. The players at Leeds at least had a record to back themselves up with when they revolted.

Ours have nothing in that respect especially when a large number of them will be out of contract in the Summer. They aren't exactly in a position of strength given their performances this season and yet people are willing to back them rather than the manager. Baffling.

clockstander and Ginnanson like this.
  15. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Give him a chance, lets see his reaction to the last few games, then if he is moving in the right direction, back him in the window, aim to get into a playoff position, and hope we can do even better. This shooting from the hip, and jumping over cliffs has to be stopped sooner rather than later, look where its go us under Short, and getting us now with Boris. OaU.

16. Vincemac

That’s it
    They should be identified now to sight 1st January
    However we all know sadly that will not be the case

17. Vincemac

We have extremely very poor players

Nostradamoose likes this.
  18. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

Permanent time out would do me. Think McGeady, McLaughlin and McGeouch (and possibly McGuire) are all in the Ross camp. None of these outside of the brackets have contributed anything positive since Parkinson arrived, and McGuire had a very good game against Tranmere, but has done nowt since. Grigg moving on would probably be best for both parties. It just hasn't happened for him here. Problem is, who'll take him?

With regards to Parky, I'm a little divided. I agree with some on here who say he should be given the January window to get things right, but I also worry that if he doesn't get it right, this season has gone, and another year at least in this league awaits us.

19. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Even if we have identified every one of them in advance they're still not all going to rock up on the first day of the window.

20. Vincemac

Yeh