1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do you trust Parkinson?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Ginnanson, Nov 21, 2019.

1. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I think another manager would definitely be in the same fix. Sacking Ross has had no impact other than temporarily appeasing the growing number fans who'd taken against him. Any manager needs time and patience and the opportunity to build his own squad. Unfortunately, unless we're sitting top of this division and winning every week, no manager will be given that time or patience.

Nostradamoose and Sheep Farmer like this.
  2. turnthetide3

turnthetide3 Active Member

You're right. Good job I stopped short of describing what I would spray them with lol.

Nacho likes this.
  3. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

I'd not even be thinking about sacking him until (if) it becomes mathematically impossible for us to get top 6.

Sack him any time before February and there was no point appointing him in the first place, if he's not even going to be given a chance to bring his own players in and work with them for a bit.

After Feb, no matter what happens there's always a chance it could all click and we could go on a run. But if he can't get us top 6 then he has failed imo and should be fired ASAP to give the new bloke time to assess the squad ahead of summer.

If we get to the playoffs but don't go up then take a view based on form, etc.

Clearly, if he gets us promoted then happy days.

4. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

You think all those players in the 3 windows were his signings? Because I don't, far from it.

Nostradamoose and Sheep Farmer like this.
  5. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Depends on what you read and believe but apparently Grigg wasn't.

Nostradamoose likes this.
  6. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

How many and who are the players you think were not requested by Ross?

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Think what I read was that he wanted Grigg but not at the price as he thought there was better value elsewhere (Remember when David Moyes said that about Yann M'Vila!!!) - as you say, depends on what you believe

When you look from the outside, we are 4 points behind 3rd place with 2 games in hand on almost everyone between us and there (Coverntry are third!)

Win the games in hand and we are in a good position. We are capable of winning - I watched us against Tranmere and thought we played lovely football and controlled them very well. And we didn;t play 4-4-2!!

It's that eternal optimist in me that keeps on thinking these things though!! Even afer 38 years of watching SAFC, I've still not lost it

CoolerKing33 likes this.
  8. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

I doubt very much that Ross knew many players in league one so he'd have been relying on the recruitment team on that score, say no more. Our best players last season were the ones that were already here. We lost the main one in January which ultimately cost us promotion imo. If you're going to sack a manager when we're in 6th or whatever it was at the time, it has to be an upgrade and you need to see immediate results. We've had neither, now if in time we turn it around under Parkinson I'll be the first to hold my hands up.

SAFCY likes this.
  9. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

These two home games has given the players some power, it's not going to end well. This so called takeover has allowed a lot of them to slacken off

SAFCY likes this.
  10. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Tbf I mentioned this in another post...most fans thought Grigg was a good buy, looking at his stats... although it has also been suggested he was not Ross's choice, but Donald's after losing Maja. It could be argued that Ross lost his job cos Grigg is not scoring, some paradox wot!

11. Blond Bombshell

That last sentence is the problem, they'll not accept it was the wrong time to sack Ross

The Norton Cat likes this.
  12. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

I thought he was the perfect buy at the time. Just once again, typical Sunderland, it became embarrassing with the constant rejections because of low offers.

PS...If anyone mentions Yann Mvilla again...……….the older posters know I'm still in therapy from when Moyes wouldn't sign him...…………...I'm about to do a Michael Douglas from Falling Down.

clockstander and Blond Bombshell like this.
  13. Blond Bombshell

Especially when Ross had advised Donald to look elsewhere for better value. Donald hoyed in bid number 7

14. Blond Bombshell

How many years would you give him to get us promoted?

15. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I trust that we need to be giving a manager more than a month or two that's for sure..

16. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

You're right, they won't. Ross shouldn't have been sacked at all. Or rather, he shouldn't have been sacked but so many people got themselves in a flap that we weren't champions after one game that he had to go. But now they've got what they wished for, they have to back Parkinson.

17. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

Looking at who we got I’d say he said which positions he needed and then was given a limited number to pick from

SAFCY likes this.
  18. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

It’s our form that’s the problem, not our league position I’m afraid

Nordic likes this.
  19. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Parkinson home league form is good. P2 W2 F6 A0......

Sheep Farmer likes this.
  20. turnthetide3

turnthetide3 Active Member

I didn't want us to lose any of the cups, but, now that we're out, I trust in PP to use the additional training time at his disposal to get people firing, or fire them in January if they don't.