1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Doncaster game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

a combination of an unexpected performance and win.town managed to do in a league game in the first half something they have not done since the Barnsley game, pressed high , good ball retention, mainly keeping it on the ground and distribution fast paced one touch variation in there attack and clinical in front of goal, a wonderful curling shoot from Laurent and an emphatic finish from Campbell but what was just as impressive and showed his quality was the curling run that kept him on side to score the goal., ferjiri and Campbell linked up well and looked dangerous 2-0 , whilst Whalley contributed to the drive and energy his distribution was erratic , as for the first half i am sitting there pinching myself.

second half you expected Doncaster to raise there game but town allowed them acres of room in the midfield and then sat deep for thirty minutes, inviting the inevitable pressure as at times town rode there luck.sitting deep for so long is not good for my nerves or blood pressure.saw both sides of Arnold one good save a few good catches from a corner ,then dropping the ball and a defender blocking the shoot,he completely misjudged the flight of a curling cross thankfully Waterfall cleared off the line with a header, he also made a valuable goalmouth clearance.

town made a number of last ditch tackles and pout there bodies on the line,whilst all of that is a credit to them, sitting deep and not controlling the midfield put them in that situation.
    amazing two back to back wins will help confidence and we are 17th but things are very tight at the bottom.

Campbell has the kind of pace that scares defenders.
    i hope Ferjiri was fully fit and did not need any injections in his foot prior to the game.
    not surprisingly Grant picks up the inevitable yellow card and is that a two game ban?, Payne came on as sub and contributed very little to the game.

2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

prior to the back to back wins town were bottom of the form table now we are 11th !