1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Done it,Renewed

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, May 15, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

i must be mad after the rubbish this season.

As said i'm sat back on the fence,if it is the same after two, or three months, he better be gone,if he turns it around, and can bring the quality in,and produce then happy days.

I still think this is a job too soon for him.

TampaBayBCFC likes this.
  2. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

No need to read any further. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

At least you have the balls to come on here and say you'll give him a couple of months. What kind of position/points return would you expect after say 10 games? Not necessarily a good yard-stick though - last season you'd be fooled into thinking we were pretty good after 10 games!

3. Red Robin

15 to 20 points starting off with a newish squad settling down Nick,expecting us to get better.

4. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Well done RR. The club is and will always be bigger than any one individual.

Like Harry said, Bristol City is a proper football club. That means we have proper fans. We just happen to suffer more than others......but it's ours to suffer.

Red Robin likes this.
  5. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Averaging between 1.5 and 2 points a game is around play-off form - would be quite the return for 'a newish squad settling down'. Is that the minimum expectation or something to aim for?

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I think there will be quite a big clearout... maybe as many as 10 to go and 5 to come in?
    as for games played next season ... 3 or 4 months is about 15 games and we should be on about 20 points maintaining that would be about 12th !
    Ive said it many times before, it depends on who we play and when! and this is an unknown until the day!
    last season we were very lucky to get a couple of "easy games and a couple with teams that had not clicked" ..thank f
    when it comes to the last 10 ten games if you are not doing to well !!!!! the last thing you want to see on your fixture list 6 away against top 6-8 teams and 4 home against teams fighting relegation or getting into top 6!
    In the same vein for your first 10 games it would be nice to get 5 away games against teams that are destined for top 6 and struggling to find form, and 5 at home against teams likely to finish in mid field..teams you need to beat to avoid one end of and propel to other end of [the table]
    1.5 points would be good but wont get to play off's 1.7 minimum needed

7. Red Robin

On what SL says that is my expectations :1980_boogie_down:

8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

A season without a relegation battle would do me

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Mid table would be boring though. Imagine going into the last 6 games with nothing resting on it? I enjoyed the pressure especially as I thought this is it were gonna's but scraped through in the end.

10. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I can't claim to be up to date with everything SL has said, but has he ever promised promotion, or just said it's the aim of the club, like pretty much every chairman in the division, lest they be accused of not being ambitious enough? Seems a bit like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation - unless City end up doing better than 21 of the other teams at least.

I think maybe I'll see what the bookies say, because you know they won't be biased. Currently they seem to say around 12th, which seems suitable - a lot can change over a transfer window though.

11. Red Robin

Nick after the shambles this season,I would take 12th.:emoticon-0148-yes:

12. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

After last seasons start, a lot of us got fooled. So after 10 games, anything could still happen. I remember not so long ago, Man U won their first 10 games of the season but still weren't champions.

13. johngalleyfan2

DONT BASE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT THEY SAY AT THE MOMENT

14. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

At this very early stage, with much likely to change before the season starts, I'd trust that their reasonings are as good as anyones - the point was simply that City shouldn't be regarded as being a team that 'ought' to make the playoffs.

15. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Its going to an even stronger league next year. I would take finishing 17th again and continue to build

16. johngalleyfan2

It is developing along the lines of the prem, there will be a division line "championship top" and " championship bottom"

top 10
    IMO will be
    SUNDERLAND
    HULL
    DERBY
    LEEDS
    VILLA
    MIDDLESBRO
    NORWICH
    SHEFF WED
    READING ................... penalty through to final
    Fulham
    CARDIFF

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  17. johngalleyfan2

THE REST WILL BE
    HUDDERSFIELD
    THE 3 COMING UP
    AND WHAT IS LEFT FROM THIS SESASON
    although FLOREST and SHEFF UTD might surprise

18. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

Don't see why Cardiff and Reading should be that far ahead of us except for the fact that they both have very capable managers. But you are right about there being a top group that are on a different level to the rest. Not easy for the likes of us pne and barnsley etc to compete with them. 12-14th would be a good result in the circumstances.