1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Downing Comments - Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'England' started by Goldeneye175, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Goldeneye175

Goldeneye175 Active Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18354764

"England do not fear France" - Stewart Downing <yikes>

Erm...correction, "France do not fear you, Stewart Downing"...I mean imagine the devastating crosses from the LHS, the dangerous weaving runs, the sheer pace...<laugh>

Don't start knocking other teams, you have had an abysmal season and by all rights, should be nowhere near that team! <grr>

2. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

If we fear them it's not going to help us so what's wrong with what he said?

3. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

At least have a player who might strike fear into other teams say these things.

Wayne Rooney who will be in the stands for the france game will strike more fear into them from the stands than Stuart downing does.

4. Goldeneye175

Goldeneye175 Active Member

A.Cole, Joe Hart or Scott Parker.

Can't think of anyone else who deserves to say that then.

5. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Would you rather he say that the entire squad are **** scared and don't expect to make it out of the group?

Having watched the interview I completely fail to see where he knocks France as well. He actually compliments them. He was asked what the England players feared the most from France and which player he felt was the most dangerous. And he answered the question.

And there's no point in asking a player who isn't going to play in a game what his thoughts are really. In this situation Rooney could say whatever he wants and it means absolutely nothing regarding France because as you say he'll be in the stands. Unless he's planning to put Ribery and co. off with the 'evil eye' or something.

For the record I think that agree with almost everyone when I say that Downing has had a shocking season for Liverpool and he shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad. But I fail to see what he has done wrong in that interview.

6. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

I think people are justr annoyed he managed to bluff his way through life pretending to be a footballer.

At least he gives hope to us all, the dreams not over.

7. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

It would of made much more sense to let Joey Barton say this, right before asking the entire French starting lineup to meet him outside a gay bar for a good old fashioned punch up.

8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Agreed