1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dr Strangelove (how I learned to stop worrying and love Boris)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Deletion Requested1, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

<laugh> <laugh>

C Montgomery Burns likes this.
  2. Blond Bombshell

As I said, following in the liar's footsteps :angry:

3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

They'remaking it difficult for low earners to get toand from their jobs, the same people who are crippled for a month if their wage is reduced .

These are the same people who will be paying the redundancy money as well not the fat cat bosses. Hard job, give over man, what’s hard about a job that you can completely make a cock up of and get the boot with a few million golden handshake. Anybody can do that.

samwise_new and Pure River Slut like this.
  4. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

The average railway worker earns £31k a year.

The CEO of Network Rail got a £36k a year pay rise this year.

In the last decade, Train franchises in this country have paid out over £8 billion in dividends whilst Network Rail's profits last year alone were £1.6billion.

There's more than enough money being creamed off at the top to give workers a pay rise. They won't because they want to keep more profit for themselves. It's corporate greed, nothing else.

5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

What? Anybody can run a multi million/billion pound company?

6. Saf

31k a year for a rail worker isn't bad. It's none of their fookin business what their boss or anybody else earns. They've agreed to a wage when they've signed up so they should work for that money.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of people lined up to take their 31k a year jobs.

7. Flash Gordon

Yet you're on here having an opinion about how much the drivers earn!

As for the second part, that's not really how jobs work unless your on a contract. I agreed to £22k when I signed up with my company, there's no chance I'd be doing my job for that now.

8. Saf

I'm not asking for a wage rise because of how much the drivers earn <doh>

9. Flash Gordon

So now are you saying people are allowed to have an opinion on the wage of others or not?

It was me making the point about the CEO and shareholders by the way, no idea why you turned it onto the workers.

10. Saf

You can't be serious, pal <laugh>

11. Blond Bombshell

Boom Boom Bang Bang

DH4 likes this.
  12. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

Am I just being a bit thick here, so these people in some cases are pay thousands of pounds to risk their lives coming through quite a few countries to then travel by dinghy across the English Channel as long as they end up at a port they are not entering illegally and by law have the right to seek political asylum, they why risk their lives just jump on the north sea ferry it a lot safer, if the answer to this is they are allowed to because they don't have the right documents, visas etc then how come they are allowed if they arrive in a dinghy

13. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

Anyone can seek asylum in any country but they don't have an automatic right to be accepted. Many asylum seekers do arrive by official routes to seek asylum, but if your house has been bombed to rubble in Syria you may not have time to look for your passport before you start your journey.
    Every one of those people will have a different set of circumstances so it is impossible to pigeon hole them but the fact is that over 70% of those arriving on small boats are eventually granted asylum

14. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

I’m not being a twat saying this simple answer which I know from knowing people and I know this is for some not all, but because they are fleeing troubled countries and don’t have papers and because of they are found with them they may be killed eg they are relatives of former government members or are gay and breaking the law or other reasons, or traffickers take their paperwork. They’re all things I’ve experienced. So they still have the right to asylum because often their reasons are legit. Family members post evidence or they log in online.

15. Pure River Slut

Do you think though we should redistribute wealth between the top who don’t give a **** about the extra cost of living and the bottom who will suffer ? Seems logical to me but some despise that concept

16. Saf

I wouldn't say I despise the concept.

If somebody builds themselves up in life from nothing and does exceptionally well turning themselves into multimillionaires, I don't think it's right that their cash is then taking from them and redistributed. They've shown it's possible so everybody should strive for that.

Where's the incentive to do well in life if you're going to get to a certain point and then have it taking away from you?

17. Pure River Slut

It’s very rare that the wealth hasn’t been accumulated by paying other people for the work done. Often the workforce struggle. Wouldn’t it be beneficial for this person if the people on this journey got a better share and he and his family could exist in a better happier community ?

18. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it should be taken away from you I believe once you have accumulated so much your better inner self should want to give it back,
    We aren’t really talking about these people though, we are talking about companies who are making billions of profit while people can’t afford to eat or heat their homes.

Flash Gordon, vic9 and Smug in Boots like this.
  19. Saf

There's people behind these companies. Why grow a company knowing the more successful you are, the more chance you have of being told to give your cash away?

Profits are largely reinvested to continue growth. You start messing with that and theres even less to go around.

20. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Lots of people earning lots of money is fine by me.

Not so keen on children living in poverty and people depending on foodbanks.

DH4 and vic9 like this.