1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dung Beetle Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by chinacanary, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

LAWRO'S PREDICTION v Arsenal
    Arsenal sneaked into the FA Cup semi-finals by beating Sheffield United on Sunday and they enjoyed a bit of good fortune in their win over Southampton in the league last week too.

That's football, though, and it should give them a bit of a lift - not that they should need it against Norwich.

The Canaries' boss Daniel Farke can take some positives from their own FA Cup performance at the weekend but I don't recall them creating too much in any of their games so far. I cannot see them opening Arsenal up.

Prediction: 2-0

2. Bure budgie

LAWRO'S PREDICTION v. Hammers
    Both of these sides actually played all right in midweek, but neither of them have anything to show for it.
    Norwich's defeat at Watford means they have lost six league games in a row and it is just a matter of time until their relegation is confirmed.
    West Ham lost at home to Burnley but they created enough chances to win that game and it still feels as if they are in better shape than the sides below them.
    A win at Carrow Road would be massive for the Hammers, but even a point would edge them closer to safety.

Prediction: 1-1

3. Bure budgie

Bump.
    Norwich v Leicester
    As a club, Norwich will not be too worried by their poor start because they know exactly where they are. They are run similar to Brentford, bringing in lower division players, selling them on and keeping going. They sorted their defence out in the Championship but the step up to the Premier League is completely different.

If Norwich finish 17th and stay in the league, that would be a massive achievement for them. We know they are hamstrung on how much they can spend on players and they have been up and down before, but they are used to it.

Leicester will be wounded after their 4-1 thumping by West Ham on Monday. It was a really good display from the Hammers and a most un-Leicester like showing from Brendan Rodgers' men.

Wesley Fofana is out for a while and they really need to get Jonny Evans and new signing Jannik Vestergaard back fit and playing again.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

We'll see Lawro. :emoticon-0172-mooni ;)

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I think we may nick this.

We have a very close head to head 23 Leicester 22 Norwich I think.

We are due a performance and some luck, I even put a Fiver on at 3/1 just for the win

RiverEndRick likes this.
  6. Bure budgie

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
    Arsenal have had a terrible time of it so far but surely they will get something out of this bottom-of-the-table clash.

We know Norwich are facing a long, hard season fighting the drop and they are ready for that - but Arsenal fans obviously expect a heck of a lot better.

If the Gunners don't win this game, at home against a team that most people are probably tipping to be relegated, then the pressure on their manager Mikel Arteta will really ramp up.

Prediction: 2-0

7. RiverEndRick

Well that's encouraging at least, given his failure rate! :emoticon-0105-wink:

zogean_king likes this.
  8. Bure budgie

Norwich v Watford
    Norwich have one goal and no points from their first four games, while Watford are on a run of three straight defeats.

It's already pretty obvious that both of these sides are going to be down there scrapping at the bottom of the table so that makes getting something out of this game even more important for both of them.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

9. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Getting a draw from Lawro... when was the last time he offered us a point?

10. Bure budgie

Everton v Norwich
    Everton got taken apart in the space of about 10 minutes at Aston Villa but their problems are nothing compared to Norwich's situation.

The Canaries have lost all five of their games so far and were beaten at home by Watford last weekend. They got their only away win of the season at Goodison Park in 2019-20, the last time they were in the Premier League, but it is hard to see them winning a game anywhere at the moment.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

11. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As much as I loathe the guy / tw@t, it's very difficult to disagree on this one. :(

12. RiverEndRick

I think that if we keep our shape with a back 3 or midfield 3 and counterattack when the opportunity arises, we could pull a surprise like we did last time when Pukki sent Cantwell racing through for the opening goal. Much will depend on how Normann plays after a decent debut against Watford:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-mathias-normann-player-watch-8336204

If he stays solid in front of the defence and also plays the penetrating through balls to Pukki, Sargent and Rashica/Tzolis it could just catch Everton out.

13. Bure budgie

Burnley v Norwich

Too often, the Canaries have been out-thought and out-gunned. They haven't even got a point on the board after six games and there haven't been too many moments when they have looked like getting one either.

Burnley, in contrast, have been much more competitive, even when they have lost.

Sean Dyche is going to have work cut out to keep the Clarets out of trouble but, from what I've seen of both teams, they should take the points here.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

14. RiverEndRick

This is the time o turn Lawro's prediction on its head. COYY!

15. Bure budgie

LAWRO'S PREDICTION
    Norwich finally have a point on the board after their draw at Burnley last time out. They are still bottom though, and every game looks difficult for them.

Brighton also drew, against Arsenal, but were a bit unlucky not to win that one.

The Seagulls have taken seven points from their three away trips so far this season and I'd be surprised if they left Carrow Road empty handed.

Prediction: 1-1

16. Bure budgie

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Norwich just cannot score goals - they have only managed two in their first eight games - and they are up against the joint-meanest defence in the division.

If there was going to be a game that Chelsea would pick to be without Lukaku and Werner, it would be this one. They will find a way though.

Elena's prediction: Norwich haven't made a very good start - this is a tough one for them. 2-0

Haydn's prediction: I've got a feeling Chelsea are going to run away with this one. 5-0

17. RiverEndRick

Curiously, our last 4 matches against Chelsea have all finished 1-0.

18. Bure budgie

I watched Norwich's defeat by Leeds last weekend, and the Canaries were not actually that bad. They got forward and created chances - but of course they got nothing out of the game, yet again.

After 10 games of the season, Daniel Farke's side just have that pallor of relegation about them.

They are already eight points adrift of safety, with the worst goal difference of any team by a long way, and it is hard to see them getting the wins they will need to close that gap when they are yet to register a single league victory this season.

Brentford have hit a sticky patch, losing their past three games, but they have not stopped creating chances and I think they will get back to winning ways this weekend.

19. Bure budgie

Norwich v Southampton
    No-one is writing Norwich off, but we know they are a yo-yo club - and they do too.

Dean Smith can have a good go at keeping them up but he has clearly been appointed as someone who is capable of winning promotion if they do go down.

As with the other two clubs to have just changed their manager, you will get raised performance levels from Norwich here - certainly in terms of effort and endeavour.

I don't think it will be enough for them to beat Southampton though. Saints have been solid of late, and I'd be surprised if they left Carrow Road empty-handed.

20. Bure budgie

Norwich v Wolves
    Just as it did at Aston Villa, the famous 'new manager bounce' happened again with Norwich last week, with Dean Smith winning his first game in charge of the Canaries. The question for them is, how long will it last?

Wolves are developing into a very good side and they can be very dangerous, as West Ham found out last week. The only thing they are lacking right now is a bit of consistency - before the international break they lost to Palace, and they did not really turn up.