1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Early Doors

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safc-noggieland, Jul 13, 2019.

1. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

I’ve never felt less nervous or worried at this stage of a season previous to this one.
    I see after only a short time a new leaner (hopefully meaner) SAFC. The wage bill is being cipped away - Love, Williams and Cattermole gone (tho I am/was a BIG fan of Catts) one or two more I suspect to go.
    I coming, three vital positions addressed - seems like a good back up goalie, a r-back and a centre back that can play r b and even defensive midfielder.
    I think we had a glimse of the midfield future of SAFC in Robson & Embleton, one or both will cement their place in the 1st eleven. No transfer monies needed either . So a few more outs and a few good lads in and I will feel as comfortable as never before.
    KTF

Dorset, Nacho, RTB and 1 other person like this.
  2. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

1 more CB and a striker and we're looking pretty good imo.

I'm really happy with the CB we've got in. A leader who can marshal the defence, something we've been missing since oshea left.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

My only minor concern is JR getting his midfield 3 or 4 players sorted early on and sticking with them. I think McGeuch will be off to Aberdeen. I just wonder if we hang on to both Power and McGuire.

4. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

They will be off - if you keep getting their names wrong :emoticon-0110-tongu

Another central defender and someone up front with real pace and we are almost there but I still think there could be a few more to leave, we shall see.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  5. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

I m worried about Grigg all that dosh paid, at South Shields he was given a 4 or 5 and was the worst player on the pitch so i read,hope he bucks up his ideas soon, wanted Eaves before him, I have not been excited by what he has brought so far.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  6. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

Penty of time, I think, before the worries - even about Grigg. Though I believe the newspaper figures were wildly off base. If he remains our No1. hope I’ll try and keep my worries buried till Octoberish. As I said happy so far, think the recruiting plan seems to be on track and have faith in JR and the owners for this upcoming season.
    here in Norway

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Aye we could do with a striker who can make things happen on their own if we're struggling to set anything up for them, someone like Maja who could score from nothing.

Wyke needs laser accurate passing or it doesn't stick to him and Grigg doesn't seem to be on anyone's wavelength yet. Although if he's improved to the level that Wyke did throughout the season he should score his share.

8. Makemstine Roger

I have seen under 15s with more ball control than Wyke the only thing i can see he has going for him is height, whether he can nod the ball in the onion bag consistently remains to be seen

Gil T Azell and Nacho like this.
  9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean he got better as the season went on but he still looked clumsy as hell and he didn't score any. Confidence player maybe? Trying to throw him a bone here

10. Makemstine Roger

i would rather throw him a p45

Nacho likes this.

11. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Me too but get behind the lads, cheer them on blah blah etc etc

12. Makemstine Roger

I think we have a Rodwell,he has limited skill,and finds it difficult to score unless it is deflected off someone's arse,Would prefer kimpi any day of the week if we don't play him he will be away, Its his time now we have to give him that chance,

13. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I agree with Gil.

Ross needs to decide on his first team, a style of play and stick to it.

These players aren't smart/ experienced enough to keep adapting to team rotation and various formations.

Have a word with McGeady and tell him he only needs to beat the defender once unless we're 5-0 up with 10 minutes to go.

Rest players by giving the kids game time in the cups.

Play a defender if a defender is injured/suspended or needs a break.

Go all out to finish teams off instead of making every game a nervous 90 minutes where we're praying for the whistle.

Make sure we have the players fresh for the last 10 games.

Don't play anyone carrying an injury. If McGeady isn't fit put someone in and tell them to take responsibility.

Find a role for your captain and, if you can't, play someone else ...

... sorry but we're not good enough to carry passengers.