1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ebenezer Cobb Morley

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Ehab's Member, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Your too sensitive pal. No-one is accusing you or your board of anything, I'm talking of many years ago, and like it or not that is how it was then.
    I've followed this club for a very long time as have most of my associates but I'm sure that none of them are OSC members.
    Why is that do you think ? We all support Hull City and we all have the same aim to see the club successful ?
    I cannot speak for others but I have tried joining your ranks and I felt like an alien. Then again I'm sure you all have the best interests of the club at heart and do a lot of good. Well done but we all support in different ways. You've nothing to feel deeply offended by and as for me being 'condescending', well, if that's your take on things, fair enough. I can assure you that was not my intention.
    I would like to ' get involved with the Senior Tigers as I like what they do and when I have more time I might but unfortunately I work full time at the moment.

2. Tickton Tiger.

If that's aimed at me, I've written hundreds of articles for City based fanzines etc, I was writing for the OSC magazine 40 odd years ago when they couldn't fill the newsletter, I'm all articled out, it's someone else's turn now surely ? I also sponsored the Supporters Club diary many years ago, what a waste of money that was.
    And I'm far from stuck in the past and I find that deeply offensive and as condescending as you found one my posts.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    Ric Glasgow and Barchullona like this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm well aware of the good stuff you've done for the club and it's commendable, but knowing the work involved in these things, I'm at a loss as to understand why you continually take a pop at those now trying to do the same for the OSC and HCST.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  4. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Urika - Over the last 6 or so years, I have devoted time and effort in getting rid of the cronyism of the past years. not building an OSC for the past but one for the future. The use of "Maybe" in your post indicates that you maintain the view that I am still part of that era, I am not.

The OSC aims are to just enjoy the support of the team, to bring supporters together and bring them closer to the club. We encourage young dynamic supporters to work with us to give other supporters news and information in formats that they use and in ways that they use. I will give you an example: Our youngest Director is just out of uni. We are a non political group of supporters who just want to enjoy the game and support the club. We fund raise, because its what our members told us they want us to do. We have been recognised for our actual community work, by KCOM who work with us to go out in the community with events.

I do not believe that supporters have to be members of the OSC to become involved.

Recently we have recruited some new blood into our officers. Long term supporters, who suddenly saw us in a nee light and wanted to become involved. We know others who organised the event in Walton Street Club. A few posters on here have worked with me on things over the years and some still do.

DMD said privately that he feels that we could work well together for the benefit of supporters. My post above reflects my view that I need people who see the future and not the past and who leave baggage behind.

Perhaps you should look at our web site and Facebook page. You may then change your view.

With reference to articles, we are publishing the TigerMag again and working on articles. It was an hand of friendship that was offered and there was no response at all. We don’t need articles, we have plenty, we do a newsletter every week, match previews etc.

I just feel that you are blinkered in your views and as an accomplished writer, you knew the inference in your post.

AlRawdah and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

I remember having an argument with Colin Smith in a pub in Scarborough after a game at Middlesbrough early 1970s which had been feisty with not that many of us there when he told me and my oppo, who Urika Peecd will remember well, and some others the club didn't want our type there. Always been a sit down, shut up element in the OSC. He was lucky someone stopped George S, another who Urika will remember, from dragging him over the table.<laugh>

TwoWrights and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  6. Barchullona

Condescending...How ironic.

7. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I think the conversation has sidetracked due to past experiences.

I genuinely believe that if that could be put to one side, the two of you really could produce something that would be well received.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  8. Tickton Tiger.

Your misunderstanding me too. I'm not having a pop at the OSC or the Trust, I've had many chats with Geoff and always try and help where I can.
    We all support in different ways. I just don't have the time to spend on OSC business, Don Robinson asked me personally to run the lot when he was the chairman, and I couldn't commit then either. They do what they can and it's all very commendable.
    I found myself at odds with them over fund raising and where the funds raised should go and Bernard Noble's one man stand in favour of the name change. But I have never questioned their supporter credentials. Bernard Noble maybe, yes.
    We need all the support we can get and all pulling in the same direction 100% of the time.

Ric Glasgow, dennisboothstash and DMD like this.
  9. Barchullona

Might have been more doable if Don hadn't expected someone with a young family to give his job up to work full time for City for the love of the club and not be paid. Don was a master at getting others to do things for him for free.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  10. Tickton Tiger.

You know the story first hand matey. We had millionaires on the Board at the time and they left it to me to fix the fence between the railway platform and the back of Kempton for free in my lunch break from work. The Don was a master at that, great for the club at the time though and it's a real travesty that he didn't get the full ownership that he wanted. You should re tell the story of DD turning up on his doorstep in Scalby and asking him to get involved with Hull City because I wouldn't be believed if I told it. UTT!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021

11. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

It would appear that some posts, including mine, have been deleted in reference to Alan Hardaker's comments. It's interesting how things are perceived and of course to the one perceiving that's reality. So, I can completely understand how Red Top Reader, who doesn't know me and knows absolutely nothing about me can completely misinterpret my words and intent and adjust them to his dramatic display of outrage and brand me a racist as in true "red top" fashion.

I didn't like what he posted but I was incredibly impressed by his use of the large font (big letters to him) and I'm sure he caught everyones attention. Well, suffice it to say I was inclined to respond with a barrage of nastiness but I cannot be bothered.

There's lots of people on this site that I respect and enjoy and of course, he is not one of them.

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

So why did you post it there was no need. Or was there?

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

14. Barchullona

Can you only post what certain people deem acceptable then? It certainly seems so given how some posts are deleted and others remain. Must depend on which chime with certain mods points of view or not.

15. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Think there was some kid who used to throw his toys out and start the name-calling etc if he didn't like other people's views..

But he seems to have been banned or taken his ball home so that shouldn't happen anymore.

Perhaps a more adult modding style could now be countenanced?