1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by deedub93, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Kunniaa Kunniaa

Kunniaa Kunniaa New Member

<laugh> @ this

2. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

The Vuvuvela...a generally crap instrument.

3. superal

superal Active Member

I bought my house off the guy on the left! He moved down the road! Still hasn't taken me to a game like he promised though <laugh>.

4. SpursLegend

SpursLegend Member

It would be an amazing signing for us. I love Lennon, but I do think RW is our weakest point. Hazard could play there and could be the difference between 3rd and 1st.

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Levy flew out to thrash out the deal personally, without Comolli being involved at any stage. Makes me wonder why we didn't ditch Comolli at the end of the previous season, really - although we probably wouldn't have brought in 'Arry if we did.

6. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

They did it eventually.

Well done Arsenal mods <ok>

7. Varier2

Varier2 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hmmm, can't see it. Transfer record smashed and wage structure smashed. Nothing changed last time I doubt it will now. Then again, I dont want him at Chelsea.

8. BringBackBenítez

I will be extremely jealous if you get him. Although we had no chance of his signature in the first place.

9. Gareth Bale's Barnet

Hazard is a cross between Lennon and Kranjcar; we could only dream of how good our attacking unit would be if we could slot him onto the right hand side of our midfield! As unlikely as it may be, I believe we have a ready made position for him! I would love to see this guy interchanging with Bale for 90 minutes!

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Saw this on Twitter last night, Bloodzeed (the P2P guy) posted it, he usually likes winding people up but checked the link he posted to that French site and was quite surprised, the actual journalist is supposedly well respected out there and is apparently fairly spot on when he talks about transfer info.

Still can't see it happening but SHOULD it, my word what an attacking force we'll have.

**Buying Hazard on FIFA 12/ PES 12/ FM2012** :D <laugh>

11. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Out of interest, how do you know this, as I put earlier, anything via google points to Comolli, not a Levyesque VDV swoop. Levy obviously steps in at contract talks time, but if you're trying to tell me Levy scouted and watched him, I don't believe it.

12. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

13. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

If we get him that is a real sign of intent by Levy.

He has the potential to be one of the best players in Europe and i'm sure it could convince Bale and Modric to stay put.

14. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

<ok> Certainly signals our intent with a (potential) signing like this.

15. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

the more i think about this, the more I'm beginning to think that Levy was trying to pull off another "modric" signing himself. it seems like it could have been a plan all along to wait until the transfer speculation goes quiet, then deal with matters behind the scenes, just like he did with modric, announcing a signing during a random month. - unfortunately, he's been found out if that's the case!

16. perrymanlegend

perrymanlegend Well-Known Member

Levy has to make a big signing eventually and my tip is when we secure CL football in May there will be a few surprises.
    I suspect Hazard might have been one of them.

17. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I can no longer see Hazard coming to Arsenal now anyway.

His possible transfer has attracted far too much media attention. Which enables Lille to up his tranfer value as he is now a 'higher profile' player.

18. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

in addition TB, as things stand, he doesn't know whether arsenal will be in the CL next season, or Chelsea for that matter. - Don't get me wrong, there's a long way to go and we're not there yet either. but my point is that if there's a time for Tottenham to try and get these players, it's now.

19. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Seriously if Hazard ends up at Spurs of all clubs then Arsenal seriously lacks ANY AMBITION!!!! Whats the point of building a big stadium and increased money if we can't even compete with Spurs?!?! I can understand being financially blown away by Man City, Real or Chelsea, but Spurs?!?! We've been tracking this players for eons and him going the other side would be embarrassing to say the least!

20. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Lazarus, welcome to the world of Tottenham before very recent times. For years and years, there would be players that we'd be interested in, but we would have no chance with. if the hazard story is true, it really does show how things have changed. Arsenal have wanted the guy for ages, but to no avail. we would have never had a chance with someone like this a few years ago, especially with all the hype. he'd have been off to one of the "big 4".

I'm now beginning to wonder if this is the moment where Levy (after no marquee signings for 18 months) shows some real intent, especially with Arry's situation. I wouldn't mind betting that Arry and Levy already know the score, as do England; it's just the public that don't. Therefore this signing (potentially), + a couple of other bigguns levy's probably got up his sleeve, will help us to push on next season, even without Arry. new signings will also help the fans deal with the blow of losing our best manager in years. (let's face it lads, it's going to happen.)