1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ehab Allam interview

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Darylhull, Jun 15, 2021.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He fiddled nothing and can you point me to his coal hauling?

Halo slipping. <doh>

2. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Deserved every penny.

3. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He once turned up to a meeting with me in a helicopter, just to tell me he was going to knock me for £30k, I know he's an arsehole.

But he's not behaved anywhere near as badly at Newcastle, as our pair of Herberts have here.

Kalman and Kempton like this.
  4. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

At your Hymers office?

Idi Amin, Geo10, askewshair and 4 others like this.
  5. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Suppprters of every club want to aspire to greater things. Living amongst toon fans though, there is a large element with unrealistic expectations about being top 6 and challenging in europe.

Similarity with Ashley and Allams. Are that they are running both clubs with no additonal investment. Newcastle especially had a culture of ambitious recritment under the Hall and Sheppard ownerships and the contrast with current board policy of living within their means is alien to a lot of their fans.

Most new owners have an investment plan at the start and are initially popular. Once the money is spent and a more sustainable model kicks in, then popularity wanes in the vast majority of cases.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

8. Chazz Rheinhold

I Voss just following orders excuse

9. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

100% this.

Old chuffers trying to make out the situation is binary, just to have a pop at someone else on here, are part of the problem in this debate because the Allams' successes and failures are numerous and nuanced.

But Askew's quote nicely encapsulates the Allams' failures - they have a chance to create momentum and goodwill and they don't even understand that opportunity, let alone see it, let alone exploit it. If they did one more positive thing this summer, it should be to employ a good sports marketing expert (to guide the good people the club already employs) and let that individual get on with the job unfettered, with the vice-chairman melting into the background to enjoy what he does best - financial spreadsheets.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Do you think they don’t see it? I think they do see it but choose not to do it. Look how well they have managed finances during lockdown with no fans. Anything extra we get through the door is a bonus probably to them

maybe once and for all we can stop the the allams are thick/useless don’t understand football
    They understand it and choose their own way of managing a football club
    It isn’t to many’s tastes etc but it is what it is

11. Mckechnie Orange

First few posts on this interview thread were criticising Ehab precisely for focussing on the spreadseets and financial aspect. Soulless apparently.

12. Mckechnie Orange

I wanted him gone after last season, and again in february after ipswich when we were in erratic form and looked to be screwng it up.

That said he's done enough this season to prove himself as talented young manager. Yeah he'll gain experience and improve over time, but the only area I would say desparately needs to improve further is his handling of the media.

I'm glad he's proved me wrong. What he achieved last year in the context of the previous year shouldn't be underestimated. Hes got the players buying into his system now which bodes well for the coming season.

13. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I think most football club owners are unscrupulous. Without getting too political, even Leicester's owners have dodgy links to Thailand's military junta.

I think most football fans are willing to turn a blind eye to the morally bankrupt **** their owners do outside of football so long as they run the club properly. Leicester and Man City's owners fit this bill. They don't particularly care where the money comes from as long as the club is managed well and fans love them for it.

In the case of the Allams and people like Ashley and the Glazers, they're bigger arseholes when it comes to managing the club and fans hate them for it. I dare say the Allams would have a more positive reputation in Hull if they had nothing to do with the club to begin with, what with all the investments and donations to hospitals etc. Newcastle fans would rather have people who chop journalists up in embassies as their owners over that fat prick Ashley, which speaks volumes about his running of the club.

The choice is between a morally-bankrupt rich tosser who does right by the club or a morally-bankrupt rich tosser who doesn't.

TwoWrights likes this.
  14. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

That's exactly what it is. It's not the 'old duffers 'like me that are part of the problem it's the constant swipes and whinges from those 'supporters' who think they know how to run a club better. Although in some cases that doesn't run to putting their hands in their pockets and buying a match ticket.

15. AlRawdah

They understand the finances of football.

They don’t understand the marketing of football, or recognise that as an opportunity to improve the finances.

Once again, it not as simple as saying they’re smart/they’re stupid. They can be both at the same time.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

But again Al I think they do understand and choose to not do it. It’s maddening and we know there are loads of easy wins but they just won’t do it.

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

One very easy win, would be to lift the HDM ban and allow the commentaries back on RH for next season, both are really daft.

18. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

That would involve a small part of acknowledging they were wrong .. which imho they are incapable of doing.

Kempton and dennisboothstash like this.
  19. AlRawdah

Well you must know Ehab better than most then. Because he has never shown that he has that understanding in any decisions or statements I’ve seen him make.

20. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

It's been an interesting read .. seeing the arguments for and against the Allams. I think we all acknowledge they've made mistakes and glaring ones at that .. I think it's also fair to say their policy of being frugal has paid dividends given the current climate. Timing has obviously had a large part in all of this but credit still has to be given for keeping the club on a sound footing. But I do recall them saying they wouldn't put another penny of their own into the club, even before covid struck us.

I just wish they developed a little empathy and understanding of what a football club is all about .. and how much it means to the fans. As has been illuded to previously there are so many opportunities, especially on the back of a successful season, to encourage fans back, to get them onside, to expand the younger generation of fans. But the opening gambit in his interview is how we punched above our weight as far as expenditure is concerned. I just get the feeling it's all about him .. look at me type stuff.

I've said before be careful of what you wish for .. and new owners can be a good thing as well as a bad thing .. sometimes it's better the devil you know. But I can't help feeling if Ehab took a back seat and put a figurehead in the seat who understood football things would run much more smoothly and fans would again warm to returning.

Afraid by hook or crook their presence is divisive .. and that won't change.