1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eight points down to five...Tick Tott Tick Tott

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by KING-KERRY-DIXON, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

[Ps. Chivers was a fine forward but couldn't hold a candle to the great Peter Osgood.;)[/QUOTE]

I am sorry but this is completely off of the original subject, but Peter Osgoods goal in the 1970 FA Cup final replay is 1 of my earliest football memories, funnily enough along with the 2 Martin Chivers scored in the 1971 league cup final, and I being of the age where we were treated to the Big Match on Sunday afternoons we saw lots of London matches, and along with Osgood, Chivers I recall being in awe of Alan Hudson and Charlie Cooke at Chelsea, Martin Peters, Alan Gilzean and Pat Jennings at Spurs, John Radford at Arsenal, Trevor Brooking and Pop Robson at West Ham and Rodney Marsh and my all time favourite Stanley Bowles at QPR (sorry I know this is the Chelsea board). I have been to Chelsea as well, FA Cup qtr final in 2000 when you beat the Gills 5 - 0, but it was a good day out! Remember George Weah being just a bit too good for us! The 4th round tie at Priestfield which you won 4 - 2 the following year and was a much better game.

2. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You are welcome on here anytime <applause>

But yes Spurs haven't always been in our shadow, equally we haven't always been in theirs.

With us London clubs it's always been swings and roundabouts.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

back down to six points.

Good point with our B team: no Drog, Terry Lamps, and Rambo.

I wonder how Sours would do v United without Modric etc

4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Don't think Lampard is in your first team any more. Drog has been in and out, and Terry is no longer better than Cahill. Essien for Ramieres (sp?) is not a huge weakening of your team?

To compare losing Modric to any of them is silly. Now taking on Man U without Mata would have been a challenge.

5. :emoticon-0113-sleep .

6. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

We lost 3-0 at Old Trafford at the start of the season, however our team sheet was barely even B team: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Kranjcar, Livermore, Bale, Defoe

A 4-5-1 with Defoe up top on his own <doh>

IIRC we played alright first half then forgot about the second half <laugh> - the return match at WHL should be more interesting with our improved first XI

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0118-yawn:

:emoticon-0113-sleep

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> he doesnt share your opinion about Spurs u ****er....(before your mod has a sissy fit..you started the name calling..and ill give it back<ok>)

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair play, Morph. Reckon you will give them a good game too.

10. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

We should do given how we've played this season - however I half expect us to approach the game negatively and aim to hold their MF rather than take the game to them as we should.

11. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Of course he doesn't, he's a bloody Gillingham fan <doh>.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Spurs next fixtures... tick tott... as posted on the United board (who think we'll overtake them)

Tottenham V Newcastle Sat 11 Feb 17:30
    Arsenal V Tottenham Sun 26 Feb 13:30
    Tottenham V Man Utd Sun 4 Mar 16:10
    Everton V Tottenham Sat 10 Mar 17:30
    Tottenham V Stoke Sat 17 Mar 15:00
    Chelsea V Tottenham Sat 24 Mar 12:45

13. Well, we got a point at Klanfield, which few of you wums thought we would.

We should beat the Toon, Everton and Stoke, and possibly Arsenal. If not, we'll certainly get a draw against Arsenal, as they are playing no where near as good as 'Pool, and we'll also get a draw against you, possibly even a win. That would mean that we could afford to lose against United (as we always do), and still sit comfortably in 3rd.

Chelsea, on the other hand, are not playing very well at the moment, and I can definitely see you being reeled-in by the Toon and 'Pool.

Worrying times, indeed, for you guys.

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I love 'we should beat' quotes. United should have beaten Blackburn at home, you should have beated Wolves at home etc. Football is a funny old game. Lets see how Spurs' nerve holds in a run in. Didn't work out that well last year did it??

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Spurs struggle v the big clubs. They just can't beat them.

I see no reason for it to be different this season.

I can see no victories for them v the big 3 as usual

16. Indeed, and as a Chelsea fan, you will appreciate the truth in that statement more than anyone.

My Chelsea-supporting mate has already written-off this season. He said he'd settle for fourth right now, but fears you could go out of the top 4, you are playing that badly. He thinks Spurs are odds-on for third, and he reckons we can still push for the title. He's a self-made man, so he's used to calling the shots and getting them right.

Those who say differently as merely making themselves look foolish, in my opinion.

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I stopped reading there. If you really had mates you would not live on here

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

i think you will find that we have already beaten one of the big 3 this season in Arsenal<ok>

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

says the numpty on here replying all the time<laugh>

20. The Ginger Marks

Well, I have to say you've changed your tune little spud wum.
    I find it incredible you actually have any mates let alone any alleged Chelsea fan who has already written off the season with 42 points to play for?? Hypothetically you could still finish outside the top 10 so to write off a season that far out explains why you are the Chelsea boards biggest wum.

We are playing that badly we took a point off Manchester united in the best 2nd half of the season so far and held you with a makeshift team at three-point-lane and beat Manchester City?? By the time you have lost to United,Arsenal and Chelsea we could be 2 points in front of you? But the best comment is
    You are one stupid little wum, please get off the Chelsea board as you are not welcome here anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.