1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

End of season awards

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Dier Hard, Apr 25, 2019.

?

Spurs player of the season

1. Heung-Min Son

39.1%
  2. Moussa Sissoko

60.9%
  3. Jan Vertonghen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Christian Eriksen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Harry Kane

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other - state in comments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

So with the recent PFA announcements today and with just three Premier League games remaining, I'd say it's about time we run the Spurs (and non-Spurs) end of season awards.

The first and main one:
    Spurs player of the season - for this one I'll do a poll, I'd say its between two stand-out candidates but will throw in a few others that have done well.

Spurs:
    Young Spurs player of the season (23 and under):
    Most underrated Spurs player of the season:
    Spurs breakthrough player of the season:
    Spurs goal of the season:
    Spurs game of the season:

Non-Spurs:
    Premier League player of the season:
    Young Premier League player of the season (23 and under):
    Most underrated Premier League player of the season:
    Premier League breakthrough player of the season:
    Premier League goal of the season:
    Premier League game of the season:
    Premier League manager of the season:
    Premier League team of the season:

The Huddlefro and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  2. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Voted for Sissoko for POTY for now, will do a proper post when I get home - need to give these categories some thought.

Dier Hard likes this.
  3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Voted for Big Mouss as POTS.

Spurs:
    Young Spurs player of the season (23 and under): Juan Foyth. Thrown in at the deep end at times, made a couple of mistakes but also put in some seriously strong performances against tough opposition. Improved so much from his debut season.
    Most underrated Spurs player of the season: Ben Davies. Didn't quite reach the levels of last season but he's always a reliable player and showed in a few games this season that he can adequately fill in at CB if required.
    Spurs breakthrough player of the season: Paulo Gazzaniga. Has played so well that I and a good number of others would've liked to have seen him given a solid run in the side to potentially establish himself as our number one keeper.
    Spurs goal of the season: Eriksen vs Everton. A cracking low half volley into the corner, the technique was unreal. Son vs Chelsea and Alli vs Arsenal are also up there.
    Spurs game of the season: Spurs 3-1 Chelsea. A game in which if we'd have scored 6 it wouldn't have flattered us. Inflicted Chelsea's first loss of the season too, which made it that bit sweeter.

Non-Spurs:
    Premier League player of the season: Raheem Sterling.
    Young Premier League player of the season (23 and under): Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
    Most underrated Premier League player of the season: Lewis Dunk.
    Premier League breakthrough player of the season: David Brooks.
    Premier League goal of the season: Andros Townsend vs Man City.
    Premier League game of the season: Everton 2-6 Spurs. (yeah I'm being biased here). Wolves 4-3 Leicester was also a good'un.
    Premier League manager of the season: Javi Gracia. Fighting for a Europa spot and in the FA Cup final.
    Premier League team of the season: Ederson; Wan-Bissaka, van Dijk, Vertonghen, Robertson; Hazard, Sissoko, B. Silva, Mane; Son, Aguero. Top heavy in attack but **** it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  4. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I say with 3 PL games to go + CL involvement : no, it isn't time.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

please log in to view this image

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Spurs player of the season - Son. Edges it over Sissoko, for me. Missed him badly when he was on international duty.

Spurs:
    Young Spurs player of the season (23 and under): Harry Winks.
    Most underrated Spurs player of the season: Ben Davies. Played two positions and done it pretty effectively, to little fanfare.
    Spurs breakthrough player of the season: Oliver Skipp. Not much competition, unfortunately.
    Spurs goal of the season: Son v Chelsea.
    Spurs game of the season: 3-0 v Dortmund.

Non-Spurs:
    Premier League player of the season: Bernardo Silva.
    Most underrated Premier League player of the season: Moussa Sissoko.
    Premier League goal of the season: Andros Townsend v Man City.
    Premier League game of the season: Manchester City 6-0 Chelsea. Hilarious! <laugh>
    Premier League manager of the season: Nuno Espirito Santo.
    Premier League team of the season: Fabianski; Wan-Bissaka, Van Dijk, Laporte, Robertson; Sissoko, De Bruyne; Sterling, Hazard, B.Silva; Son.

Dier Hard likes this.
  7. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

The first and main one:
    Spurs player of the season - for this one I'll do a poll, I'd say its between two stand-out candidates but will throw in a few others that have done well.- Sonny

Spurs:
    Young Spurs player of the season (23 and under): - Juan Foyth
    Most underrated Spurs player of the season: - Harry Winks
    Spurs breakthrough player of the season: - Mousa Sissoko
    Spurs goal of the season:- Son V Chelsea
    Spurs game of the season:- Everton away

Non-Spurs:
    Premier League player of the season: Raheem Sterling
    Young Premier League player of the season (23 and under): Ruben Neves
    Most underrated Premier League player of the season: Luka Milivojevic
    Premier League breakthrough player of the season: David Brooks
    Premier League goal of the season:- Townshend v City
    Premier League game of the season: - Everton v Spurs
    Premier League manager of the season: - Santos
    Premier League team of the season: - Foster, Doherty, Van Dijk, Vertonghen, Robertson, Ramsey, Rice, Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Son, Hazard

Dier Hard likes this.
  8. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

I voted for Son.
    And for most underrated - although perceptions will have changed given how well he has played, especially when Kane has been absent.

PL Player of the season: van Dijk - Liverpool would be 15-20 points worse off without him.
    Underrated: Doherty (Wolves)
    Goal: Not sure
    Match: If can't be a PL game, it's got to be the CL game City 4 Spurs 3 - high drama
    Manager: Nuno Espitito Santo
    Team: No idea, but it wouldn't have any City defenders and it would have a holding midfielder

Dier Hard likes this.
  9. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Spurs player of the season - Moussa Sissoko - I voted him most improved player last season. I could never have imagined this. Astonishing.

Spurs:
    Young Spurs player of the season (23 and under): Harry Winks
    Most underrated Spurs player of the season: Toby Alderweireld - He's had a really good season and it's gone mostly unheralded
    Spurs breakthrough player of the season: Oliver Skipp, although Troy Parrot's been fabulous in the Youth XI's
    Spurs goal of the season: Son v Dortmund - What a cross and what a finish!
    Spurs game of the season: 1-0 v City - insane atmosphere and excellent result (although not PL - Oooops!) - so probably Arsenal at Wembley - knowing it was likely to be the last one and Hugo stopping that penalty.

Non-Spurs:
    Premier League player of the season: Raheem Stirling - He's kicked on to a level I doubted he had within him.
    Most underrated Premier League player of the season: Moussa Sissoko.
    Premier League goal of the season: Andros Townsend v Man City. <cracker>
    Premier League game of the season: Manchester City 6-0 Chelsea. Twatted.
    Premier League manager of the season: Mauricio Pochettino - How he's got us where we are, I don't know. Turned down RM and United.
    Premier League team of the season: Ederson; Wan-Bissaka, Van Dijk, Vertonghen, Robertson; Sissoko, Pogba, B.Silva, Sterling, Mane, Son.

Dier Hard likes this.
  10. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

I was gonna vote for RCL he's helped us win loads of games this season <laugh>

11. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Spurs player of the season - it was such a close call between Son, GOAT and Jan but in the end I think Son edges it for the way he has carried us (twice) in Kane's absence and has also managed to improve his overall game in a season that his seen him clock up some ridiculous mileage on international duty.

This question actually made me a bit sad. For perhaps the first season ever under Poch, we haven't seen a single young player truly break through and establish themselves. Winks came to mind but this is his 3rd season with the first team and so I don't really see this as a breakthrough season. So many of our 'real' youngsters haven't been given nearly enough game time this season to fire the imagination. Have we see enough this season from Foyth, KWP, Skipp et al. to give them this award when elsewhere in the league you have likes of Brooks, Bissaka etc who are miles ahead in their development? I think not and i also think that setting the age for this category at 23 is very 90's. That ain't 'young' anymore for a PL player. You need to be under 21 to raise eyebrows in this day and age and for that reason Winks misses out whilst the others simply haven't been shown enough trust. In light of all that I'll award it to Fernando Llorente.

Sissoko. We see it. But the pundits and rival fans only started cottoning on from late March.

See above and see Sissoko.

Lamela v Brighton was a wonderful team goal.
    Son v Chavs was a wonderful individual goal.
    Jan v Dortmund was an OMG what is he doing up there goal.

But my choice for the award goes to Kieran Trippier v Chelsea. Such a calm finish.

Dortmund at home.

Will get round to the other categories later on. Cheers DH.

Dier Hard likes this.
  12. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Player of the season, As I couldn't vote for Moussa Sonsoko, I voted for Mousse

Young Spurs player of the season (23 and under):Gazza
    Most underrated Spurs player of the season: Eriksen, everyone complains because he could do better, but generally an A-
    Spurs breakthrough player of the season: Gazza
    Spurs goal of the season: Jan v Dortmund
    Spurs game of the season: 2-6 Everton on Poch's 26th Wedding anniversary. Hope we are playing the goons on his 27th.

Non-Spurs:
    Premier League player of the season: Without Salah's diving the Mousers would be in third. Also wins cheat of the season.
    Young Premier League player of the season (23 and under): David Brooks at Bournemouth.
    Most underrated Premier League player of the season: Mousse
    Premier League breakthrough player of the season: Phil Foden getting starts in the Citeh team is immense.
    Premier League goal of the season: One of our own, Andros v Citeh.
    Premier League game of the season: Spurs v Chavs
    Premier League manager of the season: Poch, done it without a budget
    Premier League team of the season: Citeh have been the ones to beat.

Dier Hard likes this.
  13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Some good picks, Dee, although Gazza’s 27!

But he is a sexy son of a bitch and could easily pass for being 23 or under <laugh>

The Huddlefro likes this.
  14. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I claim to be 21 when I'm pissed, despite looking all of my sixty years :)

Dier Hard likes this.
  15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

8-4 to Mouss in the early stages.

The reason I voted for Moussa is because in his appearances in all competitions this season - which having looked at Transfermarkt is 39 - I’d say in probably 30 of those he’s been a contender for our MOTM.

Son has been Sonsational ( ;) ) and has some incredibly crucial goals but there has been one or two periods where he’s faded a little and that’s why I think, based on consistency, Mouss just edges it.

16. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

As above, my Spurs POTY is Sissoko. Honourable mentions to Son and Jan, again.
    Spurs:
    Probably could give this to Winksy as he only turned 23 in February, but in the spirit of consciously going against my bias, I'll go for Davinson Sanchez, who is still only 22, but has played by and large like someone with years of experience at this level. I think we're all guilty of forgetting how young and inexperienced he still is, because he slotted in so well immediately upon his arrival last season.
    Without a doubt Moussa Sissoko. What a turnaround.
    Foyth could be a shout as he's come on nicely, but Skipp deserves a mention having made his debut this season, so he can have it.
    Alli vs. Arsenal in the cup. Lovely.
    A few contenders - the Chelsea thrashing, the CL great escape in the group stage (collectively), both Dortmund games, the first game at NWHL, the City home leg. But for sheer drama and for the ludicrous highs and lows, it has to be the away game against City in the CL. One of the most astonishing games I have watched.

Non-Spurs:
    Premier League player of the season:
    Sterling. Great on the pitch and I've been impressed with him off it as well.
    Young Premier League player of the season (23 and under):
    AWB has been good, but I have to go for Brooks at Bournemouth.
    Most underrated Premier League player of the season:
    If I can't pick Sissoko again, then a few other candidates - Doucoure and Capoue at Watford, Dendoncker and Doherty at Wolves. I'm a big Ayoze Perez fan as well. Gueye at Everton, Ndidi at Leicester, and Hojbjerg at Southampton all make the short/long list.
    Premier League breakthrough player of the season:
    Again, it has to be Brooks or AWB.
    Premier League goal of the season:
    Townsend at City. Absolute belter.
    Premier League game of the season:
    Hard to pick one out. I've enjoyed us battering Chelsea and Everton, but its not all about Spurs, so I'll go for the City win against Liverpool, which I enjoyed as a neutral.
    Premier League manager of the season:
    Whoever wins the title, basically. Honourable mentions to Warnock (sorry) if he manages to keep Cardiff up, Hassenhuttl for the job he's done at Southampton, Nuno at Wolves, Rafa at Newcastle, and Poch for not spending any money and still putting us in line for, at time of writing, a pretty solid season.
    Premier League team of the season:
    Ederson
    Doherty, VVD, Vertonghen, Robertson
    Fernandinho, B. Silva
    Salah Sterling Mane
    Aguero

Honourable mentions for TOTY to: Allison, AWB, Alexander-Arnold, Laporte, Boly, Chilwell, Wijnaldum, KDB, Sissoko, D. Silva, Rashford, Hazard and Aubameyang.

Dier Hard likes this.
  17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

11 to 8 in Sissoko's favour. Close battle thus far. Think this will represent how the whole fan base decides too, can only really see it as a two-horse race despite strong performances from a few others.