1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England go backwards 20 years.

Discussion in 'England' started by Longshanks, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Longshanks

Longshanks Member

This is the first time since Graham Taylors farce reign 20 years ago where I have looked at the England squad and thought what a dreadful mess.
    Im still working out how Hodgson got the job by being very average at West Brom, being able to speak Finish and working out a way for Switzerland to draw every game they play.

On closer look I've noticed a few worrying similarities to Taylors finest selections and a few of Hodgsons jokers.

Phi Neil - Gary Neville
    Stuart Downing - Andy Sinton
    Andy Carroll - Alan Smith
    Tony Daley -Theo Walcott
    Jordan Henderson - Geoff Thomas

Taylor managed to miss a flourishing Gazza and the best player in the europe at the time Chris Waddle. Not quite the same but surely joe cole and aaron Lennon could find a place in front of Downing & Henderson.

Heres a tip for you. Like printing money
    England 6.2 to 1 to finish bottom of the group per betfair.

2. kiyonemakibi

kiyonemakibi Member

Switzerland's record in 1994 World Cup qualification - won 6, drew 3, lost 1. Yeah, I can see the high amount of draws! This squad is nowhere near as bad as 1992, but the usual failings will probably be there.

As for 'flourishing Gazza', he was never the same player after his injury in 1991, so not sure what you mean there.

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Lennon? he's one dimentional and can't cross a ball for ****. he has one asset, his pace so he gets the ball runs to the byline and tries, and fails, to put it into the box, he's ok against the likes of Wigan but not good enough for England.