1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England v Croatia World Cupsemi final

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Jul 9, 2018.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

After beating Sweden (a real turnip for the books <whistle>)
    England now face Croatia.

Croatia inflicted the worst disaster to befall the National Team since missing out on the world cup in 1974....and 1978 ....and 1994... when they made a game plan, followed it through perfectly and allowed Walcott to score a hat trick which meant the useless twat was hailed as world class and remained in the team for the next 7 fecking years <grr>

... oh, and they beat us so we didn't qualify for the 2008 European Championships. This gave us the term "Wally with a brolly" for our soon to be ex Dutch manager Shteve Maclaren... lucky that he weren't using a walking stick really or carrying a knife that was blunt :bandit:

After the Sweden game Maguire received rave reviews for his heading ability in both boxes but to be fair the lad has a head so enormous and so dense it has it's own gravitational pull which means the ball hits him with such force that it ricochets past the keeper before he can move.

There is a debate raging about Raheem Stirling which is best summarised with...

a) pundits and his mates think he has played well and that the goals will come

b) Liverpool fans think he is a greedy ****wit

c) the rest of the sighted world who can not believe that the donkey is paid that much for being that ****!

But the simple truth is that Southgate is desperate to stop Stirling from sending the press the photos of him in chest high waders with the butt cut out kneeling in a pond on all fours while 4 dozen eels are released... and the photo of him 20 mins later with a coy smile as he "dries" himself off with a sheep.

This is England's best world cup since 1990 and the whole country has United barr 3 people...Jack Wilshire (who bitches about not going) Sam Alydycie and Fat Sam... I know I mentioned Allydycie twice but think he is such a ****ing anti football twat he was worth the double dig.
    I know I spelt his name 2 different ways and both are wrong but that's how cross he makes me <grr>

There was a fear that Henderson had caught a virus as he woke up in a cold clammy sweat after Croatia beat Russia but it turned out he had been reliving Modric winning the CL in May :emoticon-0130-devil

Rooney was interviewed to give his expert opinion on the semi final on BBC which had to be scrapped due to the fact all he could say was "errrr" to every question. He had rabbits painted all over his balding chubby head. At the end of the interview Rio Ferdinand rang him and asked about the rabbits and Rooney said it was the latest in a cure for baldness...cos from a distance the rabbits looked like hares

The world cup has really brought the best out of everyone this time round. Neymar (even though he was distraught when Brazil lost) hopped straight on a plane to Thailand to show the divers at the cave how to stay down even longer <whistle>

The match is on Thursday a 3am ...so make sure you all go to bed early on Wednesday night so you don't miss it <ok>

2. Brilliant as ever, mate :emoticon-0148-yes: <laugh>

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I'll be cheering on the team whose fans don't think smashing up an ambulance is a way to celebrate winning a game

...lucky the semi-final isn't England/Poland, eh?

4. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Anyone else think he should have opened with the Swedes not Sweden?

5. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

I think this is your finest work yet RCL - absolute quality!

6. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

7. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Win-win for me, one of my great grandfathers was born in Zadar. :emoticon-0100-smile

8. humanbeingincroydon

Remember how, in the summer of 1996, a song by the name of Three Lions summed up the feelings of being an England fan who could point at brief moments of glory yet knew that they were inevitably followed by moments of despair, yet in spite of all of that the hope never dimmed? You know, the complete reverse of the usual triumphalist bollocks that gets trotted out by chancers such as Fat Les?

How the hell did it take just two years for the song to warp into that same type of triumphalist bollocks for the France '98 version (which happens to be the one usually blasted out at irritating volume) as well as sparn a triumphalist hashtag that's been doing the rounds since a last minute goal against the football giants of Tunisia?

It's basically become our version of 'Muricans missing the point of Born in the USA.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  9. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Ian Broudie seems to have disowned it too.
    I hate these footy songs; they're all shyte.
    Better just sticking to the fans singing made up songs on the terraces - which are usually some re-working of The Beach Boys' "Sloop John B"

10. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Far too much optimism in the media today, Croatia are step up in quality to anyone else we have played so far and with our record in Semi-Finals I see no reason for the optimism. As a Spurs fan I am bound to be pessimistic, but if we do win it could be good for Spurs as well as England, but I will stick with my prediction that Croatia will win a close and hard fought match.

11. humanbeingincroydon

All the fans banging on about how Croatia had to go to extra time in their two previous games, gleefully hoping they'll be knackered is bloody obnoxious - as well as forgetting that not only did England have to play extra time against Colombia, but their coach habitually keeps players on the pitch even though they're obviously injured

12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

If the England MF press remains as puny as it has been to
    date, their MF will carve out sufficient chances that somebody
    will take them.

England correspondingly may be starved of MF possession,
    so clinical finishing / decision making will be a must (lucky
    that Sterling is playing eh) .

13. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I'm not making any predictions. So many of these games have been decided by free kicks and corners that any result is possible. If we're going to win it, then Lingard, Sterling and Dele are going to have to play at a much higher level than they have done so far. Be brave, play the ball first time. Whatever Croatia's talents are, their defence isn't at the head of them. They can be opened up.

I'd love to play this to Dele today......

Rediscover some of this, particularly the more physical element. You're such a talent.......now show the world. WIN IT.

Rocky blue army likes this.
  14. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Yes absolutely. Far too much enthusiasm - almost as if making the last 4 makes us one of the best 4 teams in the world. No, cup competitions don't work like that! It's rather obvious but we've been rather lucky in the path we've been on and we haven't played anyone that good. And we've got here despite certain team selections (!) rather than because of them. On a one-off match however, anything is possible, because whilst we are not a great football team, with a great striker and ability on set pieces anything is possible.

And I'm not doing my usual criticism of a certain player because listening to the radio over the course of the WC, and reaching a crescendo now, apparently certain players are beyond criticism regardless how bad they are - like certain other players have been in the past.

Rocky blue army likes this.
  15. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

I SUGGEST THIS AS THE SONG FOR THIS EVENING:

16. audrey.s.thackeray

I'VE JUST POSTED A BETTER ALTERNATIVE THAT YOU MAY LIKE, HBIC.....

BUT PLEASE CHEER UP, ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!

17. audrey.s.thackeray

SURELY HE TRIPPED OVER THE BOTTOM STEP AND LAY THERE FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES?

remembercolinlee likes this.
  18. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

He was killed outright

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I love these <laugh>

Nicking it for the PL board