1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ENGLAND v SCOTLAND

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

FFS It's gone quieter here than a scum pub after a defeat, never mind a draw.:biggrin:

OLOF likes this.
  2. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

**** off Shako, we played **** and admitted it.
    <laugh>

3. Irishshako

WE.........I thought you were Spanish<laugh>:emoticon-0105-wink:

Whitejock, OLOF and esteponawhite like this.
  4. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

I saw the way they (spain) played the other night, maybe southgate also saw it and copied it.
    Even the normally boring italians are playing faster!

Irishshako likes this.
  5. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

ANGE POSTACOGLOU TO MANAGE SCOTLAND!!! Could do worse. <doh>

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

If Kane is supposed to be in the shop window for a move....he should have chosen a better one than Poundland <doh>
    And my grandson has a better first touch than sterling, I think we could do with a bit of wales's fight and determination they where fantastic against turkey......southbore's a stooge

ristac likes this.
  8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There used to be a huge debate, could an England team accommodate both Lampard and Gerrard, yesterday was a little like that. For all the individual talent England now have, the balance was totally wrong. Foden, Sterling and Mount are all greedy players, they don’t like to pass the ball, they believe in their own hype and try to take everyone on.

Philips looked isolated in the AM type of role, he dropped back in the second half and when he did Rice hardly touched the ball. When Kane is off form then we bring on Rashford who offers very little.

England don’t pressure from the front either, 1 or 2 make a half hearted attempt but because they don’t do it as a team there is always an outlet ball.

I’m half glad Bamford wasn’t selected to be honest but yesterday’s game was made for him. England’s display yesterday lays at the feet of Southgate, he really does lack in ability.

In previous years I’ve always felt we’ve lacked the talent, this year we’ve got oodles of it (albeit some left at home) but the coach is the weak link.

9. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Got to agree there Rich

Said to Ben during the game, both Bamford and Harrison would have improved that team immensely (if they were allowed to play properly). Also said, I don't have the stats (maybe Doc does?) but I would put on a fair wager that Leeds averaged more chances in their first season back in the PL than England have managed in two combined!

Maybe we are just spoilt by watching proper footie every week?

OLOF, Gessa, ristac and 1 other person like this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Yes all these comments are valid but who has the best team bus. Englands is a belter and will take us to the last 16 in style.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Marcos Barber likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think Leeds created more chances in the opening Liverpool game than England have created in their last 5 games.

How many times did everything stop when going down the right flank. James didnt go oast the last man once and get the ball in, in fact he never went past anyone and just stopped and passed back or square. Play halted and when we did try the other flank Sterling did an Aidy White and there was no link up play between Foden (who should have stayed on instead of Sterling) Kane and Sterling. Where was Kane all game. Grealish tried to light things up and he was better but Sterling moved to No9 ffs and did a James not once penetrating just running sideways and losing it. Phillips had no help so forced back and Scotlands young kid made our midfield look crap. You know things are bad when Mings gets MoM.

Trippier for James next match because at least he can cross a ball, Grealish at No10 Sancho on one flank with Foden on the other and a CF who will stay up top

ristac and Marcos Barber like this.
  12. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

So they'll be playing for the draw in the last game to try and secure Sweden again. Extra round of progression would look more respectable. Still can't believe how much credit they get for the last world cup, got past Tunisia/Panama, Colombia and Sweden.

ristac, Easternwhite and NostradEmus like this.
  13. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Now I know this could be a bit controversial <whistle> but maybe, just maybe, James was up against a great fullback in Andy Robertson.

It’s the same every time - never any credit given to the opposition. Sometimes other teams have better players in certain areas of the pitch than England - it happens.

Whitejock, stonkin, ristac and 2 others like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well I remember posting about trying to get Billy Gilmoure a couple of months ago, when he was just playing Chelsea U23 football and being ignored by Tommy 2 Coats. He will be a massive price now so no chance, but yet another promising kid being given a chance and taking it.

15. Irishshako

<laugh> TBF Este, the way the Swedes play would make most opposition look bad.:grin:

esteponawhite likes this.
  16. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Robertson/Tierney are probably the only ones to push in to the England team if they were English. Not sure any of the other Scotland starters would even make the England squad.

That's why the group as a whole have to have a long hard look at themselves. It's not the result that's the problem, that can happen, but the lacklustre performance with no energy or any quality was alarming to say the least. They are either overtraining or undertraining. They can't lack match fitness and the Scotland lads have played just as many games.

It might be that it was an off day but the performances against Croatia and the two friendly games against Romania and Austria suggest that is the level we are currently operating at.

ristac likes this.
  17. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think last nights game cured my sleep apnoea!

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  18. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

England had no creativity

Scotland were set up to react to and snuffle out England's attacks and offered little else

NostradEmus likes this.
  19. Easternwhite

Easternwhite Well-Known Member

This here.

We have the players but we also have the manager. That semi final was a totally false event and we were duly sent packing as we were whenever we played a reasonable/good team outside of a friendly format.

20. Easternwhite

Easternwhite Well-Known Member

Scotland were good though.