1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread England v Slovenia

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Oct 4, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I see Bernard Mendy announced he was retiring from football this week, to become a professional poker player.

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

We watched the 2002, in part, at work. one of the lads, George, a Jock who had webbed toes, stood up & cheered when Brazil scored their first against us. A full can of Diet Coke (meant we had to drink the rum as it was) hit the **** on his flat faced bonce. He stormed out & complained of racial prejudice.

We had a 5-a-side football team, Real Syngenta, playing at Stockport Power League. We were very good. I used to share driving duties with him. One night I turned up at his with my lad & his mate & got out my car as it was his turn to drive. He refused to take my lad’s 7 year old mate
    because he had a Celtic shirt on, the ****. I drove. On the way back I noticed the plod had pulled a car over on the other side of the A34, by the roundabout at Handforth Dean, Tesco. I lowered my window & without looking to the side yelled “Ya ****ing dirty pig ****s” in the broadest Jock accent I could muster. When they caught up with us & realised only one of the two front seat occupants had a Jock accent my passenger was given a stern warning about respecting the police.

Don’t **** with the kids, they’re the future.

3. Stan The Man

Stan The Man Well-Known Member

Never knew what he was going to next when he played for City so he might be a very good poker player

4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Well at least he isn't going to get the **** beaten out of him like Rio Ferdinand will. There's going to be people queuing up to punch him in the face legally.

I saw a BBC article about former Man U and Burnley player Richard Eckersley, who now runs a zero-waste cafe in Totnes.

5. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Interesting...

"In the Premier League, Stones has completed 431 of 466 passes this season, committed three fouls and been dispossessed once. City have conceded one goal with Stones on the pitch. Get this, too: England have yet to concede a goal in any competitive game in which Stones has played. His record: played eight, won seven, no goals conceded. He may be error-prone, a little cocky and playing in a team that attacks rather than defends (although he sees a lot of the ball), but Stones is clearly doing something right here."

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/06/gareth-southgate-john-stones-england