1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England v Sweden quarter final

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Jul 5, 2018.

1. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

An insult to:
    1. Aaron Lennon
    2. ****

Actually I'm remembering what was I think the first game in the South Africa WC. Lennon was the winger but Glen Johnson kept on running into the space he was supposed to be operating. Kind of a small version of the current problem where Sterling gets in everyone else's space. Basically we have the reverse situation of that J F Kennedy quote "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" because we are effectively risking the success of the whole team on Sterling doing something useful. People aren't so much in arms now because we have gotten away with it so far, but what happens with the score at 0-0 in the World Cup final and Sterling misses in a one on one with the keeper, or fails to square it to Kane in a better position?

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

5. As I posted on the WC thread when this first broke - iIf you ever wanted verification that Sterling needs to be benched, this is it!

Opposition coach voices fears about certain mis-firing player? Suggests the contrary to me - he wants him on the pitch. Of course he's going to identify him as a 'threat'.