1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread England vs Croatia

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JulioGeordio90, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Pickford will cost us the 1st game

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

3. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

In a side note. Ritchie isn’t in the Scotland squad. Was he not picked or has he retired from int duty?

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Henderson
    Walker Stones White
    Trippier Rice Mount Chilwell
    Grealish Foden
    Kane

I don't see us getting to the final, maybe semi's if we play well, mainly because I think we are weak in the goalkeeper and defensive areas. I like White a lot but he is very inexperienced. Stones is quality for England. Maguire I think has errors in him, Walker has errors in him and relies on pace too much. The keepers are all just ok, and Pickford is a walking disaster at times.

I also think we aren't good enough in the middle of the park. Rice, Mount, Henderson are all decent but would be mastered by their international counterparts. Bellingham is the big hope but we saw the other night we need to be patient, the lad has a long way to go in certain areas of his game.

Full back/Wing back, attacking midfielders and forwards we are excellent.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  5. Warmir Pouchov

Given he's a left back/wing back now he had absolutely no hope whatsoever. Tierney and Robertson are properly top class.

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  6. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He'll play Sterling or Rashford I bet

Munson. and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  7. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would love to see that side picked.

Fork Handles and Ben 10 like this.
  8. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Think we have a good chance with this side - there won’t be many other teams with 12 on the pitch.

9. Warmir Pouchov

He will play both. Personally think the prep looks amateur and mollycoddled. Why the **** we pissing about playing players who aren't on the plane in the friendlies. Surely that is your chance to find form fitness and shape. They deserve this, they've earnt it. **** off you've picked other players get down to business. I think this is where we go wrong. We don't seem to get ourselves into tournament mode quick enough for my liking.

I'm also hearing that Rashford and Sterling's crap form is a good thing, that they're ready to explode. I won't knock what Sterling has done for the team on the way to this tournament and recent times. Nor Rashford. But if they are picked ahead of Grealish and Foden then Southgate needs his balls chopped off. Do you want runners or creativity I suppose is the question. Personally I like a proper baller who can play. Foden and Grealish are the ilk of players we've not had in a while. Rashford and Sterling could punish tiring teams. I like Sancho and he'd be ahead of Rashford and Sterling for me. I also like Bellingham and he'd be in if his game was a bit more rounded.

The likes of Sancho, Bellingham, Trippier suffer by not playing in this country which is ridiculous. But as we all know, to many the PL is the only league in the world and be all and end all...

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

Don't know what you're talking about mate, you've just added in Sancho for comedic effect.

JakartaToon likes this.

11. Prince Isak (GG)

Ev
    erything you say I agree with. It’s baffling. Another thing is all the smiling PR happy group gaffas great crap.

Man the **** up. Our preparation for the tournament was pathetic. Rashford has been playing shut for months and Sterling can’t get in the team.

And this picking unfit players over fit players is just turd. If I was Ward-prowse, Lingard or Bamford I would be seriously pissed off.

This nice guy image that Southgate has doesn’t wash with me. If we have a failed tournament (which I honestly think we will) then he has to go. He’s had enough time and has the players etc to warrant at least a semi final position.

VespaPiaggio likes this.
  12. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

What would constitute a failed tournament for you?

Unless we have a disastrous tournament then I wouldn't be in a rush to replace him. He's one of only 4 permanent England managers to get us to an international semi-final out of the 15 managers we have had!

13. Prince Isak (GG)

We have 7 players in the squad that played in the champions league final plus Kane Grealish. You could argue we have a world class team.

Failure for me is as I stated, not reaching the semi finals. We are one of the favourites after all.

14. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I reckon Steve Bruce would be an ideal replacement, as long as we were compensated.

15. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I don't think you can just look at how far we get in international tournaments. We could perform great in the groups and then will come up against either France, Germany or Portugal in the last 16. If it was France then they are the tournament favourites. Either of the other two would be a difficult game (4th and 5th favourites). If we got through that then we'd be up against Spain in the quarters. They are only 6th favourites, but Spain is always a difficult game. It doesn't matter how good your team is in an international tournament, there will always be an element of luck in who you play and when.

16. Prince Isak (GG)

It’s the same as being in a league for me you judge the performance based on the position you finish. In a tournament situation and in the euros we have to be looking at semi finals being the benchmark.

The squad we have apart from defence which is our Achilles heal is as good as any in the attacking sense. Having said that we always choke at tournaments and that’s because of the preparation and mind set.

Southgate is a very nice guy. He has the players on board. But I guarantee you when it comes to the games we will play cautious pass for the sake of it football. He’s to frightened to just have a go.

17. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

To me, it's a knockout cup competition where anything can happen. You can get the two best teams playing each other in the first knockout round, and you can have complete outsiders riding their luck and winning it (Denmark, Greece).

18. Warmir Pouchov

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”

That's right stop being afraid to come across arrogant and lets ****ing do this. Time to shake and bake baby.

please log in to view this image

Ben 10 likes this.
  19. CaraMatt

CaraMatt Well-Known Member

20. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

England have got no chance... They'll more than likely completely flop.

I'd put money on Croatia on Sunday

Pickford and all the cbs are useless plus you've got Gareth Southgate

CaraMatt and Schlem Boogerman like this.