1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Queenslander!!, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Ok, firstly let me appologise if this has been posted elsewhere....

News has just got to us (yes were a bit slow down here) that Capello has resigned.......

So the problem is who to replace him with? I know Harry has been the manager in waiting for a long time now, regardless of his court case, but im a bit wary of him. My problem with Harry is that although he is a fantastic manager, old school and can get almost anyone playing very well. His downfall( or ours should i say) is that he loves the "old gaurd". JT, Lamps, Stevie G etc are all firm favourites in his book and i fear we would be going backwards.

In my opinion, its time for the new young lions to step up and earn thier stripes (so as to speak). We have enough decent younger players that when mixed with Walcott etc could produce an effective team..
    Now i dont expect to win anything straight away, but, i expect them to restore some long gone pride in our national side and give thier all to play for thier country as shearer, Wright Pearce etc did back in the day.

I for one will accept loosing to Spain and everyone else, IF, they give thier all in every match for us. TBH we've become a joke so lets go back to the drawing board and get a new manager a start from scratch, like the Germans, French and Spanish did....

The problem is only who to lead them? Pearce No, Lambert No, Mark Hughes ?....sorry guys but this is where my theory comes unstuck !!

Anyone else got any names to throw into the hat...EXCEPT Warnock!!!

2. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

I'd go Pearce between now and the Euros. He knows the FA set-up, he's been with the squad, and his allegiance is going to favour developing the younger lads he's pulled through the U21 side rateher than the old guard who have been maybe delaying their departure.

Pearce is also just about the most passionate Englishman in football, and you know he'd give everything and demand everything for the shirt, the badge, and the nation.

3. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

It won't be Sparky coz he's Welsh, and 'we have to have an Englishman'.

Can you remember the last English manager to win a European club competition?

Don't get your hopes up for a big turnaround.......

4. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

I believe Redknapp is the next England manager but just after UEFA Eurochampionship. The intresting point is ,that im confident that spurs possible trying to get Lambert for Redkanapps replacment. Where will that leave our canarian friends........?

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Pearce as caretaker with 'Arry set up to take over in the summer. 'Arry could help part-time whilst staying with Spurs till the end of the season and then take over full-time from the start of the Euros.
    It's got to be 'Arry long term...just got to be!!

6. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Then Mourinho to Spurs..........

7. Dave Thomas

Dave Thomas Active Member

Scrap the post and rethink it
    Adopt the German model that the FA refused a decade back ... They are always prepared for the two tornaments Maybe we have moved towards that with Pearce anyway. I for sure think No to Red Knapper as he wiggles two much He can't write and buggered QPR about Defoe .

I would go for Alan Pardew

8. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Dave...I thought you said that you don't watch England anymore? I would have thought that it doesn't matter who it is for you if that's the case?

9. Azmi

Azmi Well-Known Member

Hiddink on a six month contract. Has to be the best idea, Pearce is a disaster waiting to happen.

10. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Redknapp ( Bond and Jordan do all the work at Spurs, Arry just does transfers.), Hodgson, Pardew, Pulis, Pearce............................sorry, fell asleep for a bit.............Curbishley, Allardyce, Warnock, Bruce..............really inspiring, we're spoilt for choice. To think, the FA turned Brian Clough away....this lot put together haven't got a tenth of his talent.

11. Dave Thomas

Did the Red Knapper get off because of the Masons ? The Chav's mouth has really gone a long way? We suck this crap like Dysons
    8 million quid spent chasing the tax on 180k ... He certainly wouldn't be considered for the job
    I don't know what a phone is
    I never heard of a fax
    I can't write
    I had no idea what money is

Look my gloves are connected by a bit of string

I often put my shoes on he wrong feet

I 'll sue the bollocks off you and never read your paper again in fact I don't even know what paper and words are

Where am I in court ?

I wobble my head so the CCTV can't get a good still where I nick stuff from the corner shop

We all love Harry

12. Queenslander!!

Yeah, i totally understand the Pearce argument but i'm not sure he has the tactical skil for it? No doubt a proud Englishman, but in also not convinced it HAS TO be an Englishman...what about someone from the Commonwealth? would that count..?

Seriously though, why not by-pass rednapp and go straight to Lambert, O'niel etc...? Beacause sooner or later Arry is either gonna get caught or keel over and die judging by the state of him...

13. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Got it! bring back Venables!

14. Queenslander!!

Chuckling away to myself in the office !!

15. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

In the bird bath

16. Dave Thomas

You are 100% of course and it's true I don't watch England as I had that sinking feeling too many times and I didn't watch much of the last world cup
    And by god it was refreshing as I missed nothing at all ... I caught the highlights here and there but I really recommend it ... Until there is a revolution and a real shake up then it's not for me ... We are soaked in American Corporate Culture and it's very sad that very few see it

Hard times ahead

17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

If England were a club team, they would be called QPR.

18. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

19. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

As 'Arry doesn't know where the decimal point goes lets pay him £6 a year, forget all the 0's...:grin:

20. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

NW for England! :grin:

Give him 2 Million - 1 for the one that QPR owes him and 1 for England. He can do it. :D