1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

EURO 2016

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

They dont care there all on holiday ...

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"are you watching England" presumes that they even gave a **** in the first place which they didn't look as if they did. Even if they were by some stretch of the imagination watching as suggested since when would England ever be 4 - 0 up at halftime. Tonights game was over as a contest in the first 20 minutes and the Icelandic team were made to look exactly what they are which is ordinary. They only looked good against England because we were so poor it was pathetic. Argyle Ladies would have looked good against England that day. Sadly in the semi final I fear Wales might run out of luck even if previous results weren't exactly lucky. But I'm sure you know what I mean.

3. Greenarmyjoe

I dont think they have nothing to fear in Portugual.. They have not doe much apart from Ronaldo waxing his hair.. 2-1 wales bale to get both... <eek><eek>.

See more England players enjoying the Party in Ibiza and smalling has food poisoning? what a shame.. the whole team gave me the ****s.. now he has them.. :emoticon-0173-middl:emoticon-0173-middl

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's not very sympathetic Joe if very true though. Smalling is in Bahli according to the news on 5live today. Poor man.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Yep and he has food poisoning.. Thank you God :emoticon-0104-surpr:emoticon-0104-surpr

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The truffles were probably off.....

7. Greenarmyjoe

Or the Bubbly was flat.. Just like him.. flat.. never rated him..

8. Greenarmyjoe

Wonder what happened to Mrs Jools? she came on here last week gave us some stick and disappeared? Typical women? she must be reading the stories on the net, then i suppose she will return and tell us? :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:<nahnah>

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

She's busy building a baracade to stop the foreigners getting in and inventing the rule book..........if these foreigners want to trade with us they can jolly well abide by OUR rules.

10. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Roy Hodgson must be the most experienced manager in world football.

He has been managing for 40 years.....sixteen clubs and countries, not without some success in that time.

So it beggers belief that England played so poorly.....we were led to believe that he was putting together a young, talented team with a great future in front of them.....and a team that surely would benefit from his years of experience at home and abroad.

But what did we get a toothless boring and unexciting team that didn't seem to have any direction or plan from the first minute till the last minute.

What was plan A, did they have a plan B or did they have any plan at all......if I want to be unkind (and I think I will) there only plan was to get out of there and sit on some millionaire beach somewhere and by what I'm hearing make prats of themselves.

English football or should we say the English Premiership is supposed to be the best in the world drawing the best players far and wide and because of SKY paying them barrels of obscene money to perform.

But where are the benefits to the national team....I can't see many....ok some english players have risen to the top for their clubs....but for a country of over 50 million....not really that many....but when it is in a team of only englishmen there seems to not too much going on.....we where spoilt by being in a Euro qualification group that was pretty soft and made us look like world beaters.....we even played a friendly against Germany and came back to win in spectacular fashion....but at the end of the day remember that it was a friendly and not the real heat of competition. When we get injuries we are desperately trying to get them fit.....because the depth of available talent is paper thin.....we hear of Premiership teams at times having no english players in there starting eleven .......clubs play to win no sentimental rubbish will do and english talent can end up being only bench warmers and playing only academy football....which is pretty soft stuff not developing players in the real world of results.

I remember seeing Joe Hart in the tunnel pumping himself up as if he was on a high....he didn't look focussed and in charge of of himself. It was said by a Icelandic (could of been Arnason) player that as they came out for the second-half Hart was shouting out .....'come on lads we must play better than this ....WHEN WE PLAY FRANCE.....total arrogance and no respect for Iceland at all.....that was the best possible team talk that Iceland could be given.....Hart was a total let down and personally has had to many chances at International level....it is one area of the team where we do have maybe one or two alternatives,

Rooney playing in mid-field only happened when the tournament was upon us.....and personally he looked and played total crap and as our 'master tactician' (I'm trying not to laugh) he just strolled from left to right passing to players in space and not really creating any defence splitting passes of note.....Iceland had it easy.....some of there players like Arnason etc only ever see Premiership football if they pay to go in to watch.

Our defence never managed to ever be completely in charge and never filled you with confidence.....some of the older players who served us well in defence must of been watching from behind the settee or even worse having a first hand view as a TV pundit.

Roy Hodgson I feel didn't seem to know how to play this group of english 'talent' to become a successful team ready for the heat of competition..... they just went out there thinking that Iceland was just a small step before playing France.....aren't we lucky that they never had the chance to play France....I'm sure France would have done the same to our defence as they did to Icelands.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Christ plym couldn't you sleep?

We might as well pick a bunch of league 2 players because they couldn't do any worse could they. I think the England job is a poisoned challace and I can't understand why anyone would want it. With the bunch of no hopers they have to work with they are never going to win anything. I can't think of one person I would pick as England Manager who is English. Actually there is one. Give it to Holloway. I'd love to see him get the sack yet again. At least that keeps me amused.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The reason for doing it......because it's the best paid job in international management.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'll re-phrase that then......why anyone would want to do the job if they had any self pride at all. Even another reason to give it to Holloway who hasn't.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Well that is wales out!! Not a great game.. But Ronaldo put his chance away.. Wales can hold their heads up high unlike the buffoons from England..

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Went according to script for me tonight. It was a boring game where both sides decided to be ultra cagey. Always thought it was one game too far for Wales and so it proved. To be fair, whoever scored first in that match was going to win it. Second goal was lucky and knocked the stuffing out of Wales. Still they have outperformed themselves and can go home with a lot of pride unlike England. Not that England had any to start with. I think Portugal will be playing Germany in the final and that will be one game too far for them.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

France or Germany will win the final.....don't see how Portugal can beat either....even if Ronaldo plays a blinder.

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Wales missed Ramsey, which is a shame as the booking which ruled him out was harsh.

They can be very proud though: let's face it England would have been delighted to get that far but showed no sign of it all.

Interesting (and scathing) article in the Sunday paper about Uncle Woy to the effect that tactically he was out of his depth when not leading an underdog side and lambasting him for picking 3 different sides in 3 different formations in the warm up games. If he didn't know his best side then, what chance did we have?

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've almost lost all interest in England.

Thought the match tonight was a good game for the neutral. The Referee gifted France their first goal because in my book there was no way that was a penalty. Wonder if he was getting some revenge for the Italy result previously. France and Germany played well in different ways which made it entertaining. Germany were never going to score though no matter how long they were out there. It was just one of those games when no matter what you do it doesn't go in. I think France are way better than Portugal who I haven't been impressed with at all. How they have gotten to the final I just don't know unless it's by beating nobody of any importance on the way. The big teams have beaten each other out of the competition.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Good game tonight......Germany just kept going although it looked impossible at the end.......both teams played light years better than England....why are we so poor when the really big games come around ?

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Be honest plym the Iceland game should never have been a big game given the opposition. It's a big tournament but the opposition wasn't great for us was it. The answer is we are just lazy and useless with little pride in anything we do anymore. It is in the German makeup never to give in and to try at least everytime. They have discipline and self belief and we have an inflated ego which isn't matched by ability. We build it up so much before a tournament and think that being English is enough. After all we are so much better than all those foreigners. Bit like Brits abroad on holiday. What most fail to realise is it's the foreigners that make our league so big and great and when you take them out of games the rest is just plain mediocre. I doubt I will see England win anything else in my lifetime.