1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Everton v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Apr 9, 2022.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to bother. Beyond pathetic. We have what, 8 more games to sit through?

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I watched the second half and I have to say that it was actually a good game. But players were spirited but Everton defended exceptionally well. Actually, that’s because we are far too easy to defend against.

There are still a lot of bones in this team that if we can get a manager that will bring them together (minus Pogba, get rid of Maguire as a definite starter, get rid of McTominay/Fred combo, and bring in one solid defensive midfielder, even Garner or something, get a right winger) - sht! That’s half the team gone! lol

It’s hard to see positive, but I enjoyed the second half push for an equalizer that never came. A good coach will make this team work again.

3. glazerfodder

I'm curious how Ralf keeps praising Fred - there must be something that various managers see on the training pitch day in and day out that convinces them of his ability.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He went off injured after 35 minutes?

Can't see why Fred would get stick for this one.

Maybe the bloke who replaced him and stunk the place out, again, should get more focus.

And Varane being injured yet a ****ing gain is not good.

As I've said before, they all need chucking in the bin and we start again. I've never disliked a United team, but I'm certainly starting to.

I've actually got to watch this **** in the flesh next Saturday.

cytrax likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Whatever happens in the next 7 games, I really hope that we do not get that fourth place. This team needs a lot of work physically and mentally, and playing in Champions League next season will be an unnecessary distraction.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Just said similar on the GM thread, no good getting to play a few group games if the distraction stops you getting back in it the next season.
    Yes you make a few quid but can also lose a lot in confidence and belief.

cytrax likes this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I said it weeks ago on here, cba to go back and find it. I also mentioned the advantage of that in bringing through some of the U21's.

I also said at the time that the season was pretty much over and I'm looking forward to the summer. Have been for a couple of months.

I'm really not fussed about the remaining games except in watching them which I'll continue to do. I'm really surprised ppl still react to our performances.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I know that deflection couldn't be helped but there's something of a voodoo spell on Maguire and I cba with the bloke anymore. I hope he fcks off tbph.

Diego likes this.
  9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Not sure that's entirely fair personally.

He's OK with Varane, he's ****e with Lindelof. I think Lindelof is the weakness.

Admittedly, Maguire is no captain or strong leader, but as junior partner he's ok at centre half.

I think the likes of Lindelof, Bailly and Jones are the ones to go, and Maguire becomes part of the squad rather than focal centre half.

Varane could do with staying fit mind.

10. glazerfodder

We've been ****ed defensively for years. We always used to have a good cop/bad cop in defence - one would tell you that if you got passed them, the next one would kill you, one with finesse , one with a knife - Pallister/Bruce, Rio/Vidic, Stam/Johnsen, there was a combination of physical strength and prowess in all of those partnerships, and look at us now. I remember a game in the CL one night when Batistuta tried to lead the line and he backed into Stam - just for a second he was like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlight s and he didn't touch the ball again all night - that's what we need, someone you know will dismember you rather than let you win the ball.

Diego likes this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I can't see Maguire ever pulling it back.

Not to any level which fits into where we want to be.

Can anyone see him in a title winning United side?

It's academic anyway no way we're selling him.