1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Ex- Canaries become Linnets

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Oct 9, 2017.

1. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

2. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

You will find other former City players in their squad as well

JM Fan likes this.
  3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Hopefully Russel Martin and Naismith

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. 1950canary

The Club could not afford to that. If they did who would you loyal fans have to pick on. It is a known fact that NCFC fans have to have a player to hate and blame for all problems even if they are not in the team. Last year it was Whittaker and Turner who were the main problem even though Turner never played a game and Whittaker featured very rarely and this year it is Martin and Naismith neither of whom are in the team. Presumably if Martin and Naismith went the EDP would have to run a poll to see who would replace for abuse and blame or do you already have a candidate lined up?

canary-dave likes this.
  6. DUNCAN DONUTS

So you play out of form players on £40k a week and refuse to criticise their work ethic or competence so as not to hurt their feelings ?
    Since dropping Martin and Naismith the team hasn't lost so I would advocate leaving them out in favour of players that have played well.
    The fans don't criticise them because they are bullies they just think they are not playing well enough and we are worse with them in the side.

7. 1950canary

8. 1950canary

The logic behind dropping out of form players I understand. The logic behind thinking that the way to improve their form is to hurl abuse at them is what I don't understand.

JM Fan likes this.
  9. DUNCAN DONUTS

Martin was singled out after getting outclassed at Millwall , this was not a one off he has been awful for the last 3 seasons plus and coincidently we have not lost since his exclusion and barring an injury crisis I hope he never features again.

10. 1950canary

And if he does feature again how do you think the fans will react and, equally, how do you suggest they react?

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

If Klose or Zimmerman are match fit and one of them is replaced by Martin then you would question the sanity of our head coach.
    If Pinto is Injured and Martin plays right back then I'm sure the fans will get behind all 11 players.
    To tinker with a strong back 4 just to give Martin game time would be mental IMHO.

DHCanary and Walsh.i.am like this.
  12. 1950canary

The sanity of our Head Coach is not the item under discussion. If every player was fit and Klose was replaced by Martin and Maddison was replaced by Naismith how do you think the fans would react when the names were read out?

13. DUNCAN DONUTS

I have already answered your questions if you don't understand the reply I can't help you.

14. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm fairly sure there would be outrage and some verbal disapproval of the changes before settling down to support the team in yellow. Wouldn't you be astounded / outraged / disappointed 1950??
    That would be back to the darker days leading up to AN's demise, when he insisted on playing RM as CB and Naismith was always the first name on the teamsheet despite a wealth of options for his position. Please let's not go back to that old tripe again <yikes>

JM Fan and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  15. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I would be astounded and confused if all options at CB were fit, but I would leave any outrage or disappointment until it was in some way warrented, i.e. if he cost us the game. Like every player in the squad, train well, play well (U23 or first XI) and you put your hand up. The reality is that at some stage injuries/rest requirements/form may dictate that Martin gets another run out. Just as Zimmerman and Husband have looked good in the new system, I am open minded that Martin could too. I think he is no better than 4th best option at CB, but that doesn't mean Farke does. A fully fit Martin may still be higher up that list in Farke's mind. I doubt it, but it's possible.
    Likewise Naismith, as long as he is at City, he is an option and potentially still a decent one. He has a lot to prove, but reintroducing him from the bench when he returns to fitness is not something I would consider a bad idea.

bah!

DHCanary likes this.
  16. 1950canary

Obviously I did not make my point clear. I am not for one moment suggesting that Martin and Naismith should be in the side. Martin, for example, is in the squad as defensive cover in an injury crisis as Whittaker and Turner were last year. As others have already said neither Martin or Naismith are in the team so why the continual suggestion that they are a problem? My main points however were quite simple. Why do City fans seem to need a player to pick on - it always has been the same - and why, if that player is suffering from a loss of form, do they think that a collective groan or, worse still, booing every time he touches the ball will improve his form or confidence. I have seen actors have ' a mare ' and need continual prompts but never heard a theatre audience then groan every time he appears on stage. I would doubt the wisdom of the Coach/ be disappointed/query the decision - whatever term you want to use - if Martin was picked on Saturday when there were no injuries to force it but you know as well as I do that when his name was read out there would be groans/boos and I just cannot see how that would help matters.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Of course it doesn't help, but those who would boo before a ball is kicked are not reasonable people, so to try to reason why they do it is futile. It's alright being unhappy with any selection, we're all armchair managers afterall, but to voice it is counter productive for sure. On a forum like this I think it is the best place for such criticism, I'm sure most players know to avoid forums and if they've had a stinker anyway.

Bah!

DHCanary and ncgandy like this.
  18. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wonder if he's nosed ahead of Marcel Franke, yet.
    Though, fingers crossed, if Klose and Zimmers continue to perform and stay largely injury free, it could all be irrelevant.
    But I do think there's a sector of the 'fan base' who believe all they read on the Pink'Un forum and respond / behave accordingly. Sad but true.
    Plus with the advent and continued growth of social media, no way to limit or restrict it happening.