1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Expectations?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Canary f1, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

Hello fellow Canaries!

As we are now challenging for promotion, I thought it would be interesting to find out what every ones expectations were for this season.

At the beginning of the season I thought we would finish top 10, most likely around 8th and I would've been very happy with that. Hell, one point clear of relegation would have made me happy.

However, now I feel we really are good enough to go up, if we can keep people like Holt, Hoolahan, Lansbury and Surman fit for the rest of the season, I think we have a realistic chance of a top 2 finish. We played both QPR and Cardiff recently and we held our own.

Lambert has done an amazing job, especially when you consider how many injuries we've had.

There is still a way to go yet and things could change but we are looking good!

2. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

A win today and we have stayed up!

Then we look to playoffs

If still doing this well in 5 or 6 weeks we look to autos

3. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

Perhaps I am still getting carried away but some of our performances have been great. I don't feel as if we have lucked our way to where we currently stand. I still think their is more to come from the squad too. If we could sign Bennet, that could make things interesting, he would certainly provide decent support for Holt.

4. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you say f1.

The problem is, as a Norwich fan of over 50 years standing, I've learned not to wish too hard because, in the past, it has had a negative effect! I'm gradually learning, however, under Paul Lambert, we seem to have turned the corner, but it's hard to be optimistic because of the previous 50 years, but I am starting to see the glass as half full. ILWT

OTBC <badger><badger>

5. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

little badgers!

6. Sir Arthur

Sir Arthur Member

Well, because we stormed the League 1 title last season, I wasn't expecting Norwich to do poorly this season. Realistically, around the 10th mark.
    However, as this season has become to be another great one, under the leadership of (Lord) Lambert, I think now we're capable of challenging for the autos. I'll be pleased as long as we get into the playoffs, as we're well on the way now.

To sum up, Norwich can - as our song says - Never mind the danger, providing we keep our star players fit as we can hold our own against the best in the league.

OTBC

7. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

8. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Funny, I've never heard the verse of OTBC which talks about keeping players fit:biggrin::biggrin:

9. Sir Arthur

Sir Arthur Member

Never!? That part's really prominent...

Oh yes, I know the reason. Perhaps by the time it takes to that part of the song, the words all get muddled throughout CR so it sounds more like "steady on, nows your chance"
    :emoticon-0102-bigsm

10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ah of course, sorry, my mistake! I'll listen more carefully in the future!

11. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH