1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Extinction Rebellion

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by luvgonzo, Oct 8, 2019.

1. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

As has been said, first they ignore you, then they mock you (Bozo et al), then they fight you ( that’s probably coming next), then you win ( hopefully, we’ll see!)

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This <ok>

The detractors have started using this argument, 'Oh look at you driving your car and protesting against fossil fuels you hypocrite !'. But we are where we are. We can't suddenly extricate ourselves from the systems that we've inherited. We're all dependent on fossil fuels because something like 80% of energy is still produced that way. So the argument that somebody is a hypocrite for using the only resource available to them is bullshit.

What I thought was particularly pathetic was that criticism levied at children, that went something along the lines of 'They are the first generation to demand A/C in their classrooms, first gen to demand iPhones etc etc' What a crock of ****ing ****. They didn't demand those things, it's the world they have been born into created by the adults around them.

When adults with a guilty conscience start picking on kids and calling them hypocrites, you know these ****ers have really lost the plot.

3. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

My pick up some ket and head down there tonight <laugh>

Archers Road and luvgonzo like this.
  4. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Scruffy little bastards. ****ing loads of them class their employment as 'full time activist' and they've got the sheer nerve to purposely delay hard working folk just trying to get into work and do a job :emoticon-0121-angry

Blueman likes this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sometimes the only way to get heard is to cause disruption though. People have been protesting quietly and peacefullly for years to try and force govts to act on climate change and what has it achieved ?

6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I get caught up in football traffic on a much more regular basis tbh

7. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Some good posts, yep Spurly looking at you for starters. Whilst methods don't sit 100% right for me I can completely understand why the protests are going the way they are. The scientific community have repeatedly provided evidence and just get ignored time after time because it doesn't fit in with the capitalist model driving politics. So what next? There have been numerous peaceful non intrusive protests over the years highlighting the issues, been on a few myself, yet again ignored and ridiculed by politicians and the press, and no real change happens. So what options are left? Apart from letting the planet die?

8. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Do worry about the protesters tbh, if I were to head out to a protest I'd dust off a balaclava before hand, with more and more hatchet jobs from the right wing media and right wing bobble heads on social media the potential comeback of affirmative action are a touch risky.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Great post Spurly

My daughter met some XR at a couple of festivals and we will be attending a couple of gatherings this weekend.

Wandered by Lambeth Bridge yesterday to check some of the camps late and got kettled by police so was bit late for work. But like Spurly says, bigger picture than my meeting or white van drivers being delayed

10. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You still unemployed mate?

Willhoops and Mick O'Toon like this.

11. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Not sure our fine government are totally behind this one.

13. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Yes. I wouldn't dream of disrupting folk who hold jobs or have places to be.

Tiddler likes this.
  14. Sucky

Meanwhile...... 12 stabbings, 3 shooting, 3 rapes etc etc

Tiddler likes this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

I've got a very simple solution to the Extinction Rebellion protestors which will result in their own extinction. Round them all up, and stick them on a boat to Ireland. Then get them to all link hands from Lough Foyle to Carlingford Lough. With a bit of luck the republican army will slug them all off one by one out of the way....problem sorted.

Tiddler, Blueman and Sucky like this.
  16. Sucky

Leave em there, the only reason there's been 500 arrests is the fact it's ****ing with people money in the city and making London look bad on camera.

Like I said the coppers should be making arrests that count. Stabbers etc but no there's 500+ coppers standing around watching smelly ****s sip piss water off the ground. Not thier fault I suppose they go where told.

All bullshit tbh all of it

17. Archers Road

Alternatively, we could all stop ****ing the planet over.

18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

So obvious why has nobody thought of that...oh yeah a bunch of people did and decided to try and make it reality.

Lovearsenalcock and Archers Road like this.
  19. Archers Road

Yeah, but they made some people late for work, so they're the real problem here.

Lovearsenalcock, luvgonzo and Sucky like this.
  20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

People constantly whine about the government and politicians but if someone bothers themselves to stand up against them it's a terrible thing and should be stopped.