1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eze for England?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by devonqprboy, Jan 31, 2021.

1. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

Eze scored another cracking goal yesterday. I suspect that it wont be long until Southgate takes a closer look at him and a bigger club than Palace starts looking at him. I hope we will have a cut of any sell on profit.

Ninj and QPR Oslo like this.
  2. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

20% sell-on clause, plus additional clauses up to £4m, one of which would be international appearances I'd assume so the better Eze plays the more money we'll get!

www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12056586/eberechi-eze-crystal-palace-and-qpr-agree-deal

QPR Oslo likes this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Surely England will give Eze a go soon, he's got very special talent that I don't see much of in England sides. If England don't use him soon, expect Nigeria will, I think he is eligible for them through his parents

4. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Unfortunately for him we don’t lack players in his position and he probably needs to single-handedly win 30 games for Southgate to think about it.

Probably got a great chance of going to the World Cup with Nigeria if he went down that route.

5. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Frustrating that he's up against Sterling and Rashford on the left and Foden / Grealish / Mount in the middle. I'd love to see him make the squad though.

When you go through the England squad position by position we have some absolutely brilliant players (although I agree with @rangercol that we play the wrong formation) - until you get to the GK. We have such a poor selection of GKs, which is such a shame.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Pope is more than good enough IMO.

7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    Pickford is an excellent shot stopper and his distribution ability suits Southgate's way of playing.
    Unfortunately, he us inclined to make serious errors of judgment and I'm not sure he'll ever eradicate that. I'm not convinced any of the alternatives are any better and probably none of them match his distribution.
    As for Eze, he's a great talent, but as you say, the formation and others available are up against him.
    Look how long it took Grealish to force his way in, although that may have been more to do with his personality rather than his ability.
    I'd much prefer England to play 4-3-3. Then we could have three attacking players, along with one or two creative players in behind.
    Unfortunately, Southgate seems set on 3-4-3.
    Eze may force his way into the squad, but he may have to wait till the next WC.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Quite Possibly Raving likes this.
  8. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Loads of potential and a great shot stopper, but playing behind a very deep XI at Burnley is a world apart from playing behind a high line for England and being expected to distribute the ball to the full backs where possible.

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Biggest problem for Eze is Southgate, a belt & braces manager is the last thing he needs. Hodgson is a similarly cautious manager and Eze is slowly getting his chances but you feel in the bigger England set-up he won't get a proper chance unless he is a regular in one of the Big Six teams...

10. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Eze definitely deserves a call up, especially more so in these days of anyone gaining a cap. He is quite a unique talent, in how he glides past people, his awareness of space and his intelligence on the ball.