1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F f s

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Father_Jack_Hackett, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

Your

Your is the second person possessive adjective, used to describe something as belonging to you. Your is nearly always followed by a noun.

What is your name?

Is this your pen?

Your book is on the table.

This is your chair and this is mine.

What happened to your dog?

Your being here is causing some problems.

You're

You're is the contraction of "you are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

You're going to be late.

Is that what you're wearing?

I think you're lying.

If you're ready, we can go.

I can't believe you're a doctor!

When you're my age, you'll understand.

<doh>

2. RobofLeeds

RobofLeeds New Member

Such a long explanation for a simple mistake/abbreviation on a little read message bored. Must be still smarting abit, eh ? Wait till you get one of those new fangled mobile telephones Mr Hargreaves and a child in your family tries to teach you how to txt. You'll understand then too

:emoticon-0136-giggl

P'raps you should go torture some rabbits to get it outta you're:emoticon-0119-puke: system

[video=youtube;kmNyrKCrQ4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmNyrKCrQ4M&feature=relmfu[/video]

3. Father_Jack_Hackett

It was my good deed for the day, It only took a couple of seconds to copy/paste and it may help Safc83 in the future.

Who the feck is Mr Hargreves. <doh>

4. paulmarkj

paulmarkj New Member

Why is the o p saying f f s? All teams have injuries. You have one, get used to it

5. Father_Jack_Hackett

I thought that was blatantly obvious we have lost our top goal scorer for a couple of games at least, its like United losing Rooney just before a very important game how did you expect me to react?

6. Cypher

Cypher Member

pft. try going most of a season without your captain/ top defender. kompany out for those few games should give you an idea.

7. Father_Jack_Hackett

This thread is not about you rags i only used Rooney to demonstrate how important losing Aguers is to our team.

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

smart replies dont mean your right..id say the home straight started about the time your team began imploding<ok>

9. Father_Jack_Hackett

2 wins, 2 draws and a loss in the last 5 games is hardly imploding and if we finish second we will be higher than we were last season, happy days.

10. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Jack,I thinking you are clutching at a straw there.8 points from 5 is OK if you are looking for a respectable mid table billet.We at Norwich would be more than satisfied with it but it isn't title winning form.

11. Father_Jack_Hackett

You are right and RM may pay the ultimate price if we dont win the title , but I was not saying we are playing well enough to win it just that we are not playing ****

12. Cruyff's Turn

I think that part of the problem is that you have become an aspirational scalp.Teams who shouldn't be giving you any trouble are raising their game and often getting a result.I know our lot are feeling that way about Saturday week.It will be "Let's be 'avin you 2 "

13. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

that turned out well for you didnt it?

14. Father_Jack_Hackett

As we have only lost 4 i assume you mean draws when you say "by raising their game and often getting a result"

If you look at the picture below by 20 matches we were seeing the bus being parked regularly away from home and we have struggled against this tactic, fair play to the opposition but it makes for boring viewing.

please log in to view this image

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb

I never make predictions but i will make this match the exception to the rule.

If RM gets his head out of his arse and plays our strongest team with Aguero and Tevez up front from the start all you will be "avin" is a fecking nightmare. ;)

15. Cruyff's Turn

Yes I meant draws.That seems to be the problem.Parking the bus seems to have been a fruitful tactic against City on occasions.I agree that it makes for boring football and if it's any consolation we've not really gone in for it against the top teams.Could be why Chelski are the only one we have got anything from.

16. ImANigger

ImANigger New Member

Well teams have been parking the bus against Man Utd for the last 20 years get used to it.

17. Father_Jack_Hackett

It has proved one thing we play too narrow, i am sure they will sort this during the summer.

18. Cruyff's Turn

I wonder how effective a tactic it is.For example if Blackpool had employed it last season would they have survived? They went to OldTrafford on the last day and tried to win.I'm not at all convinced that if they had shut up shop all season they would have got as many points.

19. Father_Jack_Hackett

I watched a lot of Blackpool games last season as they were a breath of fresh air in the PL, i loved their attacking style and the way they played with wide players, i honestly believe if they had tried to play any differently they would have been dead and buried a long time before the end of the season.

20. Cruyff's Turn

Hopefully Ollie has peaked at just the right time.What fun it would be to see the Tangerines beat West Ham to win the play offs.