1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F1 2019 SEASON: NEWS - RUMOURS

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by DHCanary, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Yes .

Getting bored of silver .

2. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

3. Number 1 Jasper

Paddy Lowe has taken time out From William's. He's not expected back according to the BBC.

4. Number 1 Jasper

Come on down Rob Smedley .

5. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

As much as I love to hear Rob I am not sure Paddy's roll would be ideal for him. I do miss his interviews though.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  6. Number 1 Jasper

Yes . I was just hoping . He is entertaining , though wish they had toned it down last year . All that joking around and the team were really struggling .

ched999uk likes this.
  7. ched999uk

To a certain degree there is only so much the pit crew can do at a race weekend so trying to lift spirits is probably a good idea. Lets face it a disheartened work force is never going to produce the best work. It would have been even sadded if the pit crew were costing the team even more time due to sloppy piit stops.

It must be so difficult for Williams to attract talent let alone try and afford the budget to tempt talent from other teams. Thinking about it I wonder how many Williams staff Renault poached as they seem to be expanding over the last couple of years the most?

How do they reverse their fall? Well somehow they have to come up with something no one else has and make a jump. I think they did try that this year with front wishbones, front flap adjusters etc but I think they were a little too obvious and I think most have already been stopped by FIA, unless that was the plan. Put extra obvious bits on the car and then the other teams wouldn't notice the other more hidden bits. If that were the case then I think they would have shown a bit more speed..

One other thing is Kubica, I am very surprised how vocal he has been about their testing disaster and only 20% prepared for Aus etc. I would have thought after Williams going out on a limb a bit for him would have made him a bit more positive towards the team.

I do hope they can pull things together to get off the bottom of the team table, but who would replace them? Everyone seems to be upping their game, Racing Point seem a little slow off the blocks with more money but I am sure they will sort that out, Sauber (as was) massively improved by money, Hass following Ferrari, Renault again investment, McLaren not made same mistake and Alonso gone, so more money, who else is there to take the bottom step? I do feel sorry or Williams as their way of making virtually everything is not a sustainable model at the moment.

8. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wonder if anyone called Adrian fancies a challenge

SgtBhaji and ched999uk like this.
  9. Number 1 Jasper

Think I read somewhere that he wanted a share in the company when he was with them . They said no so he left . I doubt he will go back .

10. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They should give him 50%
    Would be worth it.

11. ched999uk

I think Paddy has a good few shares in Williams!!!! So that might mean Williams has to find yet more money to buy him out!!!

12. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

They are looking to give 1 point for the fastest lap. Might make things interesting for those out of the points to go for glory.

ched999uk and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  13. Number 1 Jasper

Yes .

This will probably cost them big time .

14. Number 1 Jasper

Must admit I have always liked the idea of that , and a point for pole position .

15. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

Points for pole is a terrible idea. You could end up with championships being decided the day before the race.

16. ched999uk

I quite like that idea as it might give other teams a bit of glory and an incentive to really push at the end. Maybe teams outside normal points will slip on a set of sticky boots for the last few laps to try and get a point. Could be good fun.

17. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

I like your left-field thinking. Here's one candidate, for starters... https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32849125

And my mate Adrian would give it a go. He once tried to eat something bigger than his head.

El_Bando and BrightLampShade like this.
  18. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Dumb question, did he go of his own fruition or was he told to go? The BBC site left me thinking he decided to go.
    If I think of Cosicave's strong opinion about the Williams culture, Paddy Lowe was never going to fit into that culture. Time will tell if Claire has made it worse and whether some think it is their fault. Whatever the cause, sad day if they are left way behind again.
    Life's lessons, when you are successful it can breed arrogance which does not equip you well to pick yourself up when you have fallen. Here's hoping that the testing time doesn't reflect the cars capability.

ched999uk and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  19. Number 1 Jasper

Must admit I'm wondering if he's just had enough . Autosprt saying he mentioned not just blaming one person .

20. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

rocky-adrian-meme-2.jpg

eddie_squidd and ched999uk like this.