1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread FA Cup 1st Rd Replay Chairboys v Rovs 20th Nov 19

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Its the last of the trilogy of games and this time the Chairboys entertain Rovs and Adams Park it was January 2016 that we last had a FA Cup replay when after a draw at AP we went to Villa Park and after controlling the first half when we should have been 2-0 up we went on to lose 2-0 six years ago we drew 1-1 with Crewe at AP in the first round before winning the replay 2-0 but undoubtedly our most memorable FA Cup replay was that night at Selhurst Park back in 2001.
    Gaz has a fully fit squad for this one but Fred is unlikely to be risked Smyth could start Charles will sit this one out with Phillips coming in JJ and Bayo are likely to be on the bench.
    I will be braving the cold tonight couldn't not go for £5 a ticket and I will be hoping the lads continue their good form and get the result we need with the reward being a televised 2nd round game on Sunday 1st Dec against a team who was promoted to the Isthmian League Division One South the 8th tier last season<cheers>

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why isn't Charles playing? I would also want to see JJ. He is involved in so many goals. If our best defender and our goal machines won't be playing I'm a bit worried and the whole family will be watching this. Didn't expect Bayo to start but assumed he would be ready to come on if needed. With that bloody left winger of theirs we could find ourselves a goal down early on. I think we are in for a very nervous evening

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

****. It isn't on ifollow. :steam:

4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

And i can't find a stream for the game anywhere. :headbang: :steam: I'll have to listen to commentry on ifollow instead.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes, I'm thinking about it. Not sure if that is much better than live text

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not happy that JJ isn't even on the bench. Why is Charles not on the bench? Are they both injured?

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can't see how to listen on ifollow now. They don't make it easy do they

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-0 Stewart

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

**** it 1-1

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I couldn't help you out with a bet as I'd spent my allowance on the first matches.........

If ever a match proves the stats mean nothing mantra then this was one.

11. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

After watching last nights game you can see why Ainsworth relys on his three generals as he calls them, with Tranmere down to ten men & 1-0 up, it looked a comfortable game, we just could'nt get the second goal. Even after they equalised if we had got another we would have won it comfortably. We hit the bar had another goal disallowed, & some really good goalkeeping from the Tranmere goalkeeper kept the scores level. The longer it went on you could see what was happening Tranmere playing for extra time & penaltys & the one chance that came their way which they took. Even if it had gone to penaltys you had a feeling it was'nt going to be our night. Allsopp never made a save in 120mins of football, which was a pity because he let two in. I can understand why he took Bayo off at half-time saving him for Saturday & next Tuesday which is probably why JJ did'nt play as well. I am afraid to say our luck ran out last night.

Guywanderer likes this.
  12. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Both Charles and JJ can't play 3 games in a week let alone 6 days they should both be back for Saturday also Rolando should be available Charles can only train once midweek when playing weekends he is an important player for us and we have to wrap him up in cotton wool you have to remember after his hip replacement earlier this year he was told by his doctors that he will never play again he won't play both of our next 2 games if he misses the game on Saturday he will play against Ipswich on Tuesday JJ should be available for both
    As for last night their keeper played out of his skin we had 19 shots 10 on target and 18 corners they had 6 shots 3 on target and just the 1 corner

13. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Sido's missus gave birth yesterday and that's why he missed the game not through injury thank god.

14. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

The benefit of losing after Ipswich our next game is the 14th December against Burton, will give the players some rest before the Christmas games