1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup 4th round tie: Manchester United at The Emirates

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Jan 7, 2019.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Thoughts?

This game is in-between Chelsea (H) and Cardiff (H).

I'd like to think we will go full strength (injuries permitting), but have a feeling, depending on how we're doing in the league and the obvious priority of the Europa, whether Emery will field a rotated side or not.

Fingers crossed we have no big injuries and some new signings at that point though!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Man Utd in the FA cup is always a big game, but our priority this season is trying to get back into the champions league. Not saying I wouldn't want us to win the FA cup again, it's a pot we've won a few times in the last few years and we are the current record holders, but given our current circumstances, I'd much rather we won the Europa League or finished in the Top 4.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Yeah, completely agree.

It'd ****ing suck to get knocked out by those ****ers. But our priorities this season have to be getting back into the CL one way or another. Plus, we've already won it 3 times in the last 5 years, we should probably give other teams a fair shot at it, too.

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I hope emery sticks with the youth side, so Joe Willock, Eddie N’ketia, Saka etc as it would give them a chance to etablish themselves in the first team squad.

Losing to Utd would sting, but if the payoff was winning the EL or top 4 finish and getting back in the CL then I’d take it.

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Time for you guys to win against Manchester United for once. They have bossed you for the past 10 years or so. Do you really want them to boss you for another 10. Wouldn't you rather Spurs take the odd victory over you, than Manchester United lording it every time?