1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fan Pilots - pointless or not?

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Sep 16, 2020.

1. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Earlier today, I read somewhere (BBC website I think) that some Premier clubs are unhappy about having to play against EFL clubs in the various cup competitions, as the lower league clubs are not as extensively tested for Covid, or as often, as the Premiership clubs are. This obviously boils down to cost, apparently it costs £100+ per player for each test, both before and after the game, which is plainly too expensive for EFL clubs to afford. Well, as far as I can see, the answer is quite simple - exclude the Premier clubs from the competitions and let them confine themselves to playing in their safe little bubble of other Premier teams. That way, they wouldn't run the risk of any of their prima donnas getting infected by us plebs in the lower leagues. There's no benefit to us of having them in the competition anyway - not like it puts loads extra on to the attendance figures!

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Chelsea's offer to Barnsley ? last evening to pay their testing fees then was a very generous offer which I hope that was appreciated.