1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FAO: brb

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Libby, May 22, 2019.

1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Gillingham chairman Paul Scally launched an extraordinary attack on the club's fans and called a section of supporters 'a form of cancer', after announcing Steve Evans as the new manager.

Evans will be the club's new boss from June 1 - and Scally is considering his own position following what he described as long-standing 'disgusting and disgraceful' abuse from supporters.

brb, Quesadaad and Libby like this.
  2. Stan

Stan Stalker

Scally?

<laugh>

3. brb

brb CR250

He wrote a letter slating the fans, a very, very, very long letter. Mid-drift of the letter he dropped the bombshell of Evans.

It was like burying the bad news in his rage and he wonders why we are pissed off.

The last manager Lovell never even got to say a farewell to the fans in our last home game.

We all knew what the Chairman had done, he done the same when he sacked maddog and brought in that waste of space Peter Taylor!

Saf likes this.
  4. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland football forums ambassador

I presume Brb is a Gillingham fan. Terrible day for you appointing a man who turns into sausages when his tie is on too tightly. An odious fat pig.

Up the gills.

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Im fooking raging over it.

Libby likes this.
  6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Hand over the mod tools to me for the day so that you can cool off.

7. Saf

What's the 'long standing disgraceful and disgusting abuse' he's received?

It does seem a bit ****ty the way he's done it. No need for the cancer comment neither. Prick.

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

Will explain later mate once im back from the boozer.

Saf likes this.
  9. Saf

A bit early for that isn't it? You alright?

No bother. In a bit.

10. brb

brb CR250

Good question mate.

I can only give my own personal opinion and can't be precise about dates, because it's off the top of my head, with quick look links added in, so there might be some inaccuracies or the timeline I've constructed may be out and my view may differ to other Gills supporters;

There is not one specific reason, it is a multiple of reasons spanning many years and the ages of any supporters giving the abuse.

I believe we picked up a lot of plastics in our Championship years, ie the next generation of supporter. The problem is that the Gills have always been a lower league club and the Championship was height we had never seen before.

We don't have any money and the current Chairman was our saviour just as the club was about to go under, he paid £1 for it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2393142/This-man-Scally-is-a-real-wag.html

He virtually single handed built the club up to what it is today, with good fortune and a lot of bad fortune along the way.

It started back here;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/27/newsstory.sport1

with this outcome;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2001/apr/28/newsstory.sport7

Scally had redeveloped our ground, basically rebuilt it from the dust upwards. At the time everything was rosy, money was coming in from TV revenue. Then overnight we went bust, through the collapse of OnDigital or ITV Digital whatever it was called when it actually occurred. Hence the away stand the mess it is today, there was no money left.

This left us with around £10-13 Million debt.

As the years went on the debt mysteriously disappeared. The Chairman gave reassurance everything was above board and gave us back our ground. But you know what supporters are, suspicion loomed.

Then there was this, a 'private matter;'

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/s...ssue-writ-to-gillingham-chairman-paul-scally/

He also had this with a supporter on the old BBC606;

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/scally-critic-vowing-to-remain-anonymous-a105084/

There was then talk of a five year plan and a move to a new and bigger ground, I know where and the plans were drawn up. I was against the move, I thought I had more chance of seeing pigs fly. The five year plan has been and gone, and not a brick has been laid to my knowledge.

We had a racist claim against the club, but that was more through not dotting the I's and crossing the T's;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jul/30/black-footballer-gillingham-racism-mark-mccammon

We are not racist club, I could go on and give my version of events ^^^

We had the events with Steve Evans while he was still at Crawley, when he went head to head with our manager Hessy, and got three supporters arrested, a member of this forum and his family. Charges were dropped.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2014/04/14/fat-scottish-****er-its-just-banter/ (link not working you will need to google it direct).

There was another court case against a catering company that tried to screw us over and he rightly challenged;

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2017/november/club-statement-centerplate/

Then we won League Two our first trophy in 50 years under MadDog (Martin Allen) - the next season soon into League One he sacks him! I was fuming, I went to Shrewbury on that fateful day, when my mate pointed out there is Scally. Now it was unusual to see the Chairman, because at that time he was living in Dubai (I believe), so there would have been (assumed) tax restrictions on how many times he could come back to the UK during a season.

I said to my mate, why the hell is he here, the response was, well he's building a new ground so probably wanted to look at the Shrews model. Well history told us why, he sacked MA and immediatly brought in that useless **** Peter Taylor I'm not allowed old say old pals act, so won't. Let's just say I was glad when in my mind Taylor left with his tail between his legs. I hated his term, one of the most tactically negative managers I've had to watch.

We had this;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ham-FC-vice-chairman-faces-60-years-jail.html

He takes on a Sponsorship with the local authority, read into that what you want, the fee, FREE, ok correct wording 'no financial cost to the authority'!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-44023080

I've missed loads out but then Lovell comes in, he departs (careful with my wording) before his last home game in charge, before the fans could say goodbye and thanks, everyone expected Evans was lined up after his departure from the Posh. You couldn't appoint a manager that would more divide the fans then ever. And you saw how his appointment was announced on the back of a swipe at the fans in a letter.

I defend our Chairman, it's not the appointment of Evans, despite bad feeling, it's the manner and the way it is announced.

As you can see it's a chequered career, it's not so much what he does but the way he does it, I could give you so many more examples, but i suspect you are bored by now, if you've read this far. I even managed all of this without mentioning the Millwall connection! Ooops!

I've had to be careful how I wrote this because I do not want to get sued.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Saf likes this.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Fosse?

12. Libby

Libby 9-0

Didnt-read-lol_o_141041.gif

13. brb

brb CR250

14. Nah, it's footy related.

Bambs doesn't have enough footy knowledge in him to write that much.

His epics tend to be about blokes' arses.

Lovearsenalcock and brb like this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

<applause>

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Steve Evans ... because you're worth it brb
    ... ya prick <cheers>

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

please log in to view this image

18. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

You are indeed a major arse Quents <cheers>