1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!
  1. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

2. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

On the wine again Elizabeth? <laugh>

3. CityAce

CityAce Member

The Championship is a brilliant league in regards to entertainment and excitement. Last year Norwich promoted from League 1 and promoted again straight away. This year the 2 promoted teams occupy 1st & 2nd place so a fairly level playing field, and the other promoted team gave an established (but crap)Championship team a 7-1 spanking <whistle>.

Of course this is just my opinion because I am bitter that my team (Cardiff) have blown promotion for the last 2 years running <laugh>.

Seriously though I would prefer to be in the Premiership the the Championship is one hell of a consolation.

4. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

So then Superman, What are your thoughts about the Premiere League after Saturday's little drama? I seem to remember in one post that you would publically condemn any Norwich player doing something to get a player sent off! also lets look at Howards webb performance considering you Norwich fans are watching them so closely. lets take the three major decisions he had to make,

1. Barnett on Klasnic - It wasn't intentional, BUT it was reckless and dangerous which by the letter of the law is a straight red card, this could have resulted in a serious injury. Wrong decision in Norwich's favour

2. Klasnic Red Card - In real time you could see why Klasnic was sent off, Yet the TV Pictures clearly show no head movement from him, and Tierney going down like he was shot. A proper decision would be Yellow Card for Klasnic for agressive actions, Yellow card for Tiernay for simulation
    3. Bolton Penalty - Soft, BUT there was contact with the player, seen them given seen them not. In the context of football rules , yes it was a penalty

So in conclusion, From the lack of moans about the ref's performance its smacks of sour grapes the few moans at the ref just because you lost and but you are quite happy about wrong decisions if you win.

5. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

What you have highlighted there Guru only re-enforces what we have been saying all season

The referee's do not/can not/ will not (take your pick) interpret the games consistently of fairly.

That is not the teams fault and it sure as hell is not the supporters fault.

6. Guru of Ipswich

just seems very 2 faced from your supporters, Very quick to jump on the bandwagon if things goes against you, yet when its in your favour everything is rosy. You have created your own problems on this board, by the moaning and whining about refs, its no wonder when you get dodgy decisions in your favour every Ipswich poster has come over here. A little humility is in order from the norwich fans now i believe.

7. ThaiCanary

If you read most of the posts from over the weekend I think you will see many comments about Tierney and his acting abilities along with agreement it was a penalty and indeed the challenge by Barnett was high, needless and reckless. We are no different to any other group of fans, we gripe when decisions go against us but do not gripe when they go for us. What we have done, again as many 'football' supporters do, is we acknowledge we had those decisions go our way. Owen Coyle himself admitted the Klasnic Tierney incident was worthy of a red card and did not moan about it. He has accepted it and the knock on effect for him and his team vastly outweighs the knock on effect it should have on any Ipswich fan.

8. Guru of Ipswich

I think if you actually hear what OC said, he accepted the red card because he gave Tierney the oppotunity to do his little acting skills. Please can you point me in the direction of these posts that say you received 2 game changing decisions? So i take it that you accept that Barnett should have been sent off, considering that you used the word 'reckless' to describe his challenge?

9. ThaiCanary

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14961243.stm

Listen to all of it and not just select the bits that fit in with your agenda - It was an act of aggression and the rules says he must go! Nowhere in that interview does he say anything about the reaction by Tierney.

and

10. Guru of Ipswich

Is this the only one? I presume if a dodgy one goes against you against manure no fans will be moaning then?

maestro <applause>

11. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

In all fairness to the binner, what he is saying is reasonably accurate. We cant moan about how hard done by we have been with decisions and opposition players cheating and then turn a blind eye when we do it.
    The fact of the matter is - we were unlucky a few of the games so far but got the rub of the green on Sat. The referees certainly dont have an agenda against us though and we have got 5 points from 5 (a pretty fair total from what our play has deserved).

Happy with the season so far and confident we will stay up. Lambert is class

12. Guru of Ipswich

wloh - <applause>

exactly what i am saying, unfortunately there is a certain few who will no doubt whine and moan following your next defeat.

13. ThaiCanary

Back to what I said
    We are no different to any other group of fans, we gripe when decisions go against us but do not gripe when they go for us.

Fans of all clubs do it and you cannot say that your fans are any different. So while for now you are having your fun ridiculing us just remember what goes round comes round and our day will come when we can repay you with full interest <ok>

14. Guru of Ipswich

As JWM stated on a thread that was locked by yourself, We could have whined about the peterboro game when we had 2 offside goals scored against us, one penalty that wasn't close plus a harsh sending off. Did we chastise the ref? no. we were more concerned because of our performance and short comings when the easy target would have been the ref and linesman.

15. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

16. Guru of Ipswich

I think OC is more pissed off with Klasnic for putting himself in the position that he could be sent off, not for the supposed action! He was aggressive, but the facts are that there was no headbutt! the TV cameras clearly show there was no head movement!

sheer stupidity from Klasnic for giving tierney the chance to show his acting skills!

17. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Let's just change the situation slightly Guru.

Would you be complaining if a situation like that happened in your favour and would you be disappointed with your player's behaviour?

18. Guru of Ipswich

TBH, Yes i would be disappointed with him but i also wouldn't hide away from saying how it is. There is no point bullshitting about a situation that everybody can clearly see.

19. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

But that's what quite a few of us our saying Guru. Therefore, I'm not quite sure I understand where you're coming from.

20. Guru of Ipswich

So far maestro, its only you and (quite surprised at this) WLOH.

My main gripe is that all of you were very quick to blame the ref for your defeats, yet none are aknowledging that the ref had a hell of a lot to do with your win on saturday. This is even backed up by the fact that a thread was created about Mark Lawrenson when he stated the fact on saturday night.