1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!
  1. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

I was under the impression, and I could be wrong about this Guru, that more than 2 of us have stated that Klasnic was stupid, and his very act deserved a red card, according to the letter of the law, and that we were also ashamed of Tierney's behaviour.
    I know it's not a major life saving situation, but if I can find the otehr posters, I'll point you in their direction.

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

That is not strictly true. Maybe some were but that may have also been down to the way they wrote what they were saying.
    No one blamed the ref for the Chelsea defeat but some people were not happy about some of the decisions which largely went Chelsea's way 'in some people's opinion'.
    No one blamed the ref for the WBA defeat, we all agreed it was a poor performance buy City, however the referee did make some bad calls 'in some people's opinion'.

The 2 draws we had also had controversial decisions 'in some people's opinion'.

Now, unless you allow people to have their opinion then there is no point in being here and it is not a case of the one who can beat his chest loudest is right!

Lets go back to some other controversial decisions in the past to re-enforce what Maestro has said, and what I have tried to say.

Guru has highlighted us a whinging fans because of decisions made this season.
    Last season in 'in some people's opinion' Grant Holt got a decision in his favour, so consequently not in the favour of Ipswich and some Town fans still remind us of this.

Some years ago Cunago, with 2 minutes to go at Portman Road, when City were a goal up 'dived' to get a penalty and a draw was the result at the final whistle. Did you moan at that time Guru? I doubt it and I am sure you would still argue it was a foul/penalty, many would disagree. Opinions once again.

3. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

was it not maestro that also attached a league table of actual points and points if ref decisions had been reversed?

Come off it Thai, you know aswell as i do that norwich fans have portrayed themselves as the poor hard done by act, and how the premier league is full of cheats and divers, and how you hate it. yet strange how you haven't lambasted you own players doing the exact same thing, that you have lambasted other teams players.

would i moan about a town player if he dived? no, but i sure the hell would admit that he took a dive and not bullshit my way through!yes we keep going on about Grunt, do i blame him for taking an advantage? no, but again i sure the hell don't bullshit about him, and portray him as some kind of saint who commits no fouls.

4. ThaiCanary

So it comes down to the fact that you disagree with what other people say, not what actually happen s on the pitch. Ok, now we are getting one step closer to actually having a discussion of sorts.

You have your opinions on what has happened to us this season so far (but god knows why you get so worked up about it) and some City fans, including me have our opinions. We are both entitled to them so why does it always need to end up with chest beating to sort out who is this weeks Alpha male?

5. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

No it wasn't Guru.
    I can just about manage to reply to messages on here let alone do arty farty things like adding pictures etc

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

It appears to me that Guru believes if he says the same thing over and over ad nausium, eventually everyone will believe what he says!

I've got news for you, fella, it ain't gonna happen!

7. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

apologies maestro, it was somebody but i can't think who!

Thai, at last. I think most town fans gripes about norwich is the hypocritical nature that you have, If you weren't so whingy after last week you wouldn't have got the flak this week.

8. ThaiCanary

I know some people have been annoyed and/or frustrated at what has happened this season but it remains their right to express their views, as it is your right to do so.
    The chances that there is actually going be agreement with contentious issues is highly unlikely so as I have said before, why continue to argue or rant on about it (I am not meaning specifically you) but there is what might be considered a dangerous path to go down is to just repeat the same old rhetoric? It only does one thing and that is to inflame passions and then it typically descends in to farce.

I know you are a reasonably intelligent guy but you do seam to enjoy 'Budgie baiting' a little too much.

9. Home on the range canary

Home on the range canary Well-Known Member

I agree with some of the initial post that kick started this thread. Surely the issue is to introduce penalties for the lack of sportsmanship. Football would do well to adopt some of the rule from rugby. Dissent should be punished not only with a yellow card, but moving the free kick 10 yards further towards the goal. The officials need to clamp down on cheating, although this is very difficult except for extremely obvious cases. A change in some of the rule to bring back a little discipline would go far. We have moved from players putting in incredibly hard tackles and not being punished, to players falling over at the slightest opportunity.