1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Feeling Sorry For Ourselves

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safc-noggieland, Aug 26, 2016.

1. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

While I don't pretend to believe everything in the garden is rosie, Iam bebinning to feel that we are too insular, whereas Some other are buying we are not and on top terrible injuries. Well reading the BBC page I came across the W. Ham report after falling out of Europe.

"The Croat says he is interested in signing Manchester City forward Wilfried Bony, but will not "beg" anyone to join the club.

Bilic freshened up his side again, making eight changes from the starting XI which beat Premier League rivals Bournemouth at the weekend.

However, he had few attacking options to choose from, with Dimitri Payet, Andy Carroll, Manuel Lanzini and Andre Ayew all out injured."

I am sure that we will see out our mini-crisis and as our senior players begin to return we will have a decent squad (eventually) and hopefully attain aboring mid-table position.

KTF

red&white wanderer likes this.
  2. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Thats sums up the life of a Sunderland fan- I really feel if we need more positivity then we might have more stability at the club.

3. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Not sure where the West Ham comparison comes in. We have one out and out forward who's 52 years of age. One injury and we're ****ed.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  4. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Could well just be a window dressing statement as WHU have laid out next to nothing in this window. IIRC they have signed about four freebies.

5. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Borini is our only cover, totally agree, we are short there. Who wants to warm our bench tho as when fit Defoe is in.

6. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

here the West Ham comparison comes in. We have one out and out forward who's 52 years of age. One injury and we're ****ed.

Just wanted to highlight that it is not only SAFC that has an injury crisis WHU list is frightening -but also bilic feels that even though they are a 'London club' they will not beg a player to sign for them. If he feels that these sh*thead players feel they need to be begged to come to the capital city what f'cking chance do
    we have

Disco down under likes this.
  7. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

That result was an absolute disaster for West Ham, btw. They were desperate for a European campaign in the new stadium.

8. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

9. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

10. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

11. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Borini is out by the way with a groin strain ! so good old Defoe has to be superman this season. Chelsea spend £60m plus on two players and they are top of the table, easy. Short cannot see that I am afraid so until we get huge investment we will struggle. Gone are the days when you spent £10m on players and had a good team, we have not moved with the times or even Everton and I dread them coming here in 16 days time. Is it that all these managers have wanted to spend £20m plus on players but were stopped ?, it must be true.