1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fiddling With Kids or Fiddling The Books - Which Is Worse ?

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Rocket, Jul 29, 2012.

1. simon_bhoy

simon_bhoy Well-Known Member

well then its a poor misjudged comment then - he could have asked - all the claims are how central mcoist has been in the process ("jetting" out to meet bill millar etc.) you would have thought he might have checked before jumping in

i suspect he knew, and i suspect he wanted to put pressure on

i have no great issue with it though - SAF, Mourinho, hell even lennon, would consider doing the same

i just find it hilarious that rangers fans feel that lennon incites misbehaviour but mcoist is the epitome of dignity

2. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

I don't know who decided the £100k fine for us getting Burns and I'm fairly certain no Hearts fan has ever asked for an individual(s)' name for their fines against Romanov's outbursts which are much higher than this £160k.

I don't know who decided to double Lennon's touchline ban upon appeal and I don't know who decided Diouf and Bougherra should be let off after the cup replay game.

If my club's manager recorded a 30 min interview, had it edited to 12 minutes and broadcast it on the club's channel demanding that these people be named, I would be deeply uncomfortable in that.

What would the motive be except to exert fan pressure on the inidividual(s)?

3. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

"The Judicial Panel Disciplinary Tribunal Hearing took place over six days: 29 March, 6 April (Procedural Hearings) and a Principal Hearing on 17, 18, 20 and 23 April 2012 at Hampden Park, Glasgow. The Tribunal heard the conjoined hearings of the complaints against The Rangers Football Club plc (“Rangers FC”) and Mr Craig Whyte.

The Compliance Officer Mr Vincent Lunny presented the Complaints on behalf of the Scottish Football Association. (“the Scottish FA”)

The Rangers Football Club plc (in Administration) was represented by Mr Andrew Dickson, its Head of Football Administration; Mr Simon Shipperlee, of Messrs Duff and Phelps, the Administrators, and Mr Michael McLaughlin, Solicitor, of Biggart Baillie LLP
    (Rangers' solicitors)."

Do you seriously propose that Ally McCoist did not know who the panel members were?

Rangers' Lawyers knew, D&P knew and Rangers FC were told beforehand who the panel members were, yet you would have us believe that not only did McCoist NOT KNOW, no one bothered telling him or he did not ask anyone who they were?

Don't be so ****ing stupid.

4. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

please log in to view this image

5. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

But you're comparing those punishments with a 12 month transfer embargo which is quite a bit different.

After finding out who the individuals were didn't McCoist welcome the reasoningh one of them gave. He said he didn't agree with what they had said but was pleased that they he could respond to them.

Thats says that Lunny presented the complaints, it does not say that all these people were present when the 3 man panel came up with their decision.

But then you thought McCoist wanted to create a mob to put pressure on these men and so you must also think that McCoist thought it would work. <doh>

6. DevAdvocate

I refer you to my previous comment, don't be so ****ing stupid.

7. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

8. DevAdvocate

He does not get it does he?

9. DevAdvocate

The Legal Issues.

The right to a fair hearing in terms of Article 6 of the European Convention on Human Rights:
    There was no preliminary objection or later objection by any party to any issue affecting the hearing process or impugning its fairness. There was no challenge at any stage in the hearing to the impartiality or independence of the Tribunal. The Tribunal was established under the Articles of Association of the Scottish FA and the Judicial Panel Protocol under which the parties had expressly or by association agreed to be bound.
    The identity of the members of the Tribunal had been intimated to parties in advance of the Tribunal hearing.

The hearing was conducted in private in accordance with the agreed Judicial Panel Protocol to which the parties had submitted. In any event there were special circumstances in relation to public order and security where a public hearing would prejudice the interests of justice. The outcome of the hearing would be published and made public.

10. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

11. DevAdvocate

[h=1]Statement Regarding Judicial Panel[/h][h=3]Wednesday, 25 April 2012[/h]Scottish FA spokesperson: &#8220;We are deeply concerned that the safety and security of Judicial Panel members appointed to a recent Tribunal has been compromised by a wholly irresponsible betrayal of confidential information.
    &#8220;The Judicial Panel consists of volunteers from across the spectrum of sport and business in Scotland. They are appointed on the basis of anonymity yet all three panel members have reported intrusion into their personal and work lives, including abusive and threatening communication.
    &#8220;This has been extended to directors of the Scottish FA, whose private details have been published on internet sites and who have, themselves, been victims of abusive communication.
    &#8220;This culminated tonight in a visit by Strathclyde Police, who are taking seriously the threats made towards the individuals involved. We are thankful for their advice and support in these matters.&#8221;

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=3&newsID=9737

12. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Where is this from?

So it was confidential, yet Ally McCoist was told who they were by D&P and/or a Rangers rep?

13. DevAdvocate

1: It's from the Judicial Panel report, freely available.

2: It was "Confidential" in that only people concerned with the hearing (Rangers and the SFA) were told who the panel were. Are you so stupid that you think the people representing Rangers were sworn to secrecy and promised not to tell anyone else from Rangers (Charles Green, Malcolm Murray, Ally MCoist etc) who was on the panel?

<doh>

For the third time, don't be so ****ing stupid.

14. simon_bhoy

simon_bhoy Well-Known Member

medro's muffled protestations from deep in devs back pocket <ok>

15. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Where?

I think its more plausible that McCoist didn't know who was involved than trying to form a posse to flush the people out.

Remember before McCoist talking about being left out of the loop with certain matters.

16. DevAdvocate

I'll waste no more time expalining simple concepts to you.

McCoist knew well what he was doing, pandering to ****wits and nutters, same as Chuck Green did the other day.

I'm only surprised that Green did not demand to know who these "Bigots" are.

17. DevAdvocate

18. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Yet in the same article we have.

"I`ve got nothing but the utmost respect for him now because I know who the gentleman is. I still disagree with the panel and their decision but I fully appreciate the fact that I know who the gentleman is now. I respect him and I respect his decision - although I don`t agree with it."

"Anybody with a sane brain would know that I abhor violence and would be dead against it. This lunatic fringe, who hide behind the internet, do not interest me in the slightest. I've got absolutely no time for them. I don't go on the internet and read it."

Kind of contradicts what you're saying.

19. DevAdvocate

No HE's contradicted what HE's saying because he's a liar.

20. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

Medro's Dev's Li'l' bitch