1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fifa

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Ciaran, May 30, 2012.

1. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

I see that Rangers are going on a pre season tour of Germany , surely the money involved in that , would have been better going to the poor Scottish clubs that Rangers have shafted .

2. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Naw, **** them.

3. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

Ooft

4. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

I see.

please log in to view this image

5. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Strong words I agree but that's the truth of the matter. If Duff and Phelps (and others at Rangers) did not know their actions would invoke the wrath of UEFA and FIFA then they are incompetent at best. At worst they are liars who don't give a cuss about "Other" clubs and the national team, that's why it's breathtaking arrogance.

And if you think that 5 SPL teams and the National Side being barred from all competitions is "making mountains out of mole hills" then you are either profoundly stupid or simply living in denial.

As for Rangers "Good name" the simple fact is that they don't have one, maybe they did in the past (in your mind) but i'm afraid they are tainted by the stench of cheating and few if any in Scottish Football has a good word to say about them now.

Don't believe me? have a google of other fan forums and see what the general consensus is on Rangers actions of late.

You don't Care? No surprise really.

6. Barrie Lochrie

Barrie Lochrie New Member

Piss off back to Portugal you boring old ****. And lay off the French Cigarettes and Pink Oboe's

7. DevAdvocate

Lord Glennie as far as i'm aware said no such thing Tarq. SFA rules clearly state that Rangers should and could have taken their appeal to CAS, they knew they had no chance of winning I suspec and took their case into realms where everyone in Scottish Football could be punished for Rangers selfish actions.

SFA Statement

"In referring the matter to the Court of Session, Rangers FC utilised the court's right of Supervisory Jurisdiction contained within Scots Law. Given that any two parties can seek arbitration, the club was not 'prohibited from appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport', as was claimed.

"Indeed, no representation was made by the club to the Scottish FA to discuss the possibility or the process of seeking arbitration via the Court of Arbitration for Sport."

Article 62.2 Section (m) of the SFA’s Articles of Association gives the governing body’s Board the power to refer any case to arbitration.
    It states: “Without prejudice to the general powers conferred by Article 62.1 and of the other powers conferred by these Articles, it is hereby expressly declared that the Board shall have the following powers:-

“(m) it may submit or refer claims by or against the Scottish FA to arbitration.”

ps your defence of Rangers is likewise wholly predictable.

8. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

9. Barrie Lochrie

Rangers said that the SFA did not allow them to go to CAS - and the Judge also said that, but Lionel Hutz says that Rangers and Lord Glennie are lying.

10. Gambol

Oh no, is it annual bath time already? <yikes>

11. RAVENBLACK

RAVENBLACK Well-Known Member

<laugh> Im sorry but I just cannot take someone with a name like "Troy" seriously.

12. Magic Laudrup 11

Magic Laudrup 11 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You want me to edit your post to say Lionel Hutz instead of Troy McClure? <whistle>

13. ManDingo 20"/20"

ManDingo 20"/20" MDMA Guru

14. DevAdvocate

(8) This matter is, in any event, to my mind, made clear by Rule 15.8.3.6 of the Judicial Panel Protocol to which I have referred, which provides that the Appellate Tribunal&#8217;s determination &#8220;shall be final and binding on the parties and there shall be no further right of appeal&#8221;. That EXCLUDES any appeal, including an appeal to the CAS. I note, as was submitted by the Dean of the Faculty, that the present application to the courts, by contrast, is not an appeal but an application to the court in its supervisory jurisdiction to correct what is alleged to be an excess of jurisdiction by the Tribunals.

From Lord Glennie's report, which makes it clear that Rangers could have taken this to CAS.

15. Gambol

From such films as...

16. Barrie Lochrie

No, don't bother, better take my medicine.

In my defence, I've been up since 3am.

17. HTF

HTF Member

"Players may be loaned out to other clubs for several reasons. Most commonly, young players will be loaned to a club in a lower league in order to gain valuable first team experience. In this instance, the parent club may continue to pay the player's wages in full. Some clubs put a formal arrangement in place with a feeder club for this purpose, such as Manchester United and Royal Antwerp, or Arsenal and Beveren.[1]
    A club may take a player on loan if they are short on transfer funds but can still pay wages, or as temporary cover for injuries or suspensions. The parent club might demand a fee and/or that the loaning club pays some or all of the player's wages during the loan period.[2] A club might seek to loan out a squad player to make a saving on his wages, or a first team player to regain match fitness following an injury."

18. Chapmeister...

Chapmeister... Well-Known Member

I pity the fool, I do, I do...

19. DevAdvocate

20. Fart Synchronism Machine

Chapper doggystyling the Declans as per...