1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Film (movie for Ellewood) thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by look_back_in_amber, Nov 10, 2015.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I enjoyed Making A Murderer, it's a rather disturbing story, but they didn't half drag it out.

There was another Netflix one about a priest who molested kids and killed a nun (probably), called The Keepers and that was also ridiculously drawn out.

2. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, this excellent thread had drifted to page 4 - pity the club isn't doing similar business to this board! Anyway ...

Dream House (2011) enjoyed it, but riven with flashback. Couldn't do this one at the cinema as we needed a couple of timeouts to get a brandy-coffee and sort out where we thought we where with the plot ... :confused:

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  3. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Unforgiven (1992), an old 'un but a good 'un, directed and starring Clint Eastwood, also starring Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman and Richard Harris. Well worth a watch, shows its age at times but overall a great storyline and a classic Western

A solid 8/10

4. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Dave Made a Maze.

Great idea, should have been a great little film. Some of it was really clever but the characters weren't funny enough when they were trying to be and it fell on it's arse in places.

5/10

5. Quill

Quill Bastard

Rewatching Blade Runner tonight (the Final Cut, of course) in preparation for 2049 coming out on Thursday.

Since the embargo lifted 2049 has had nothing but universal acclaim, a lot of reviews saying it is as good as the original. I'm not going to go that far, but I am hyped. 2049 was my most anticipated of the year and the original is a top 5 film for me, and the fact 2049 has been recieved in a massively positive light is ****ing great news.

For anyone who hasn't seen them, there are some great shorts to set up things in 2049, here they are:

dennisboothstash likes this.
  6. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

Brill Quillski - I'll watch them tonight. Cheers.

Quill likes this.
  7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Just watched a documentary on Netflix about a bloke getting arrested for a murder and to prove his innocence they have to find footage of him at a Dodgers game
    Amazing short story (40mins)
    Well worth a watch

It's called Long Shot

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I watched it at work yesterday. He owes his lawyer a big pint. Terrifying to think of the potential consequences if the footage had not been found.

9. dennisboothstash

Sounded like it was a good job his lawyer already know the Dodgers owner well too
    Scary ****

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  10. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

Blade Runner 2049. Saw it. Visually stunning. Atmospherically stunning. Digital/Virtual Girlfriend - absolutely stunning. Storyline - Captivating. A worthy sequel to the original - yes. Weakest link - the LAPD Chief (she should just have stuck to being President in House of Cards). Strongest link, everyone else - did I mention the blade runner's virtual girlfriend???? Oh, and the dog - man, that is my type of dog. So many good things - naturally it is going to be a box office flop in Amerikay which is fantastic as that is the gold standard imprimatur of a great movie.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Watched it on Tuesday, quite some story, well worth the watch, thanks.

Watched T2 Trainspotting on Wednesday. Meh.

12. dennisboothstash

I enjoyed T2 at first, but got bored half way through
    Some nice looks back to the first one, but those were the best bits which was telling
    It was ok but obviously not a patch on the original

originallambrettaman likes this.
  13. onlyme

onlyme Active Member

14. Quill

Quill Bastard

Blade Runner 2049 is film of the year, easily. Maybe even film of the 21st century, but best not to use superlatives like that in case BCC returns.

A sequel that truly lives up to the masterpiece that is the original. This is going to go down as one of the best sequels ever made.

**** Dunkirk or Baby Driver.

15. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I recently saw mother! And Flatliners.

mother was awful. It felt ok like it was building to something in the first 3/4 then just went ridiculous. Now I know they'll try to add some pretentious meanings to it but that doesn't make it watchable.

Flatliners was good. A little shallow in that it doesn't delve too deep into anything. Enjoyable though. Never seen the original but my wife said the original was better.

16. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good movie streaming site ? Movie night and 123 I used to use don't work now, a mate said about cartoon HD but that's ****e. I like the ones where you don't need to register, I tried kodi once but it nearly ****ed up my computer.
    I'll give any recommendations ago as I have none at the moon, thanks in advance

17. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

As its a movie thread I suppose I should contribute rater than just take.
    Goodbye Christopher robin is ace, my service user took me yesterday and I was in tears for the last half hour, I've told him he owes me a trip to see the new Thor for making me cry lol. But really its a quality film

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  18. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

This is the one i've been using for quite awhile and never had any problems.

https://solarmoviez.to/

19. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Amazon Firestick with jail break.

The end.

20. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

Blade Runner 2049. I was looking forward to it with equal parts anticipation and trepidation. Blade Runner is in my all time top 2 or 3 movies, maybe even #1. The sequel could either diminish or enhance the legacy. The good news is that it matches or surpasses the first movie is so many ways. I gobsmacked, and plan to go see it again in the next few days.