1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Finally, memberships are on sale...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jul 13, 2021.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'd love to be able to claim that they read my suggestions for doing that on here, along with making it clear which stand is for what type of fan, and acted.

In fact, **** it, I'm going to say they saw my posts suggesting it, and realised it was a great idea and acted. FACT << big letters, so I'm taking the credit. :emoticon-0103-cool: :emoticon-0100-smile

2. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Self praise is poor praise. :emoticon-0100-smile

DMD likes this.
  3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I'll take what I can get. :emoticon-0100-smile

Evington, Howdentiger2 and TwoWrights like this.
  4. pcworks

pcworks Well-Known Member

I thought we would have sold more on the first day of sale , 400 memberships sold.

5. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

There'll be a limited amount to what they can handle in any given day surely?

5 days at that rate is 2,000,10 days 4,000?

6. pcworks

I think the website is restricted to how many people can access it to allow them to choose seats and complete purchase.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Is it only online you can do it? Can you go in?

8. pcworks

you can also telephone them to purhase memberships, I don't think we have a ticket office anymore.

9. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I accept that is the best we'll get. I have no doubt that by changing prices it shows that they know/admit (privately) they got it wrong. If he was asked directly if they got it wrong, would he hold his hands up? No chance.
    For me, if he has any genuine interest at all in building bridges, this is another missed opportunity. What's wrong with publically admitting they ****ed up, but listened to supporters and so have changed prices? Which would be bollocks as they have done it for purely selfish business reasons, but would be much more conciliatory than the silence.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Didn’t all the prices get all sorted prior to last season and they came out and said it?? might be my memory like. Because we had a vote on it didn’t we? Whether to keep the **** system or go back to how it was??

11. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

I think your final (bolded) point shows just why they won't and why it would be pointless to do it... No matter what he/they said, it just wouldn't be believed and would just cause more unrest and arguments between fans. So beat way to do it is just make the changes that people have asked for and move on. For the Allams this is a big step imo

Aquity likes this.
  12. Chazz Rheinhold

Hull City will reinstate concession tickets in 2019-20 after the club’s members voted in favour of a return to the 2010-11 pricing structure.

Of the two options put forward by the club in a ballot launched earlier this month, City have confirmed this morning that supporters favoured the reintroduction of reduced tickets for seniors and under-22s.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  13. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Yes that’s sort of right. The ticketing scheme was in place last season.

14. TwoWrights

I'm not sure how many they'll end up selling, but if your figures are anywhere near and just 10% wanted to pay for the year in full, I do, they're turning down tens of thousands of pounds in guaranteed income. Madness, still no one tells...

rovertiger likes this.
  15. Howdentiger2

So your not returning purely because you can't pay in full? Or you are but would prefer to pay in full?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  16. Ric Glasgow

Will you go this season? There are a few on here that would rather pay in one go.

It's not relevant to my situation,I don't buy for the season,just individual tickets but if I lived back down Hull/Driffield area £30 a month seems reasonable.

There's also a facility for 6 match or 12 match 'bundle's which I might look at but with the details on entry due to Covid still being a bit sketchy I'll hang off just now.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Howdentiger2 likes this.
  17. Ric Glasgow

In fairness some people like to manage their finances differently than others.One of mine likes to pay on the spot,one likes Hire Purchase,it suits both.

I'd stick £360 in a jar and put £30 in the bank per month but it's really down to the individual.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  18. Howdentiger2

Definitely each to their own, I just find it strange that some would use it as a reason not to go. Fair enough you might prefer to pay in one lump sum but it's not like your being charged interest etc and it's money in your own pocket for longer as opposed to someone elses. On the flip side I can see exactly why the club do it and why it makes more sense for their budgets etc

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  19. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I'm entitled to a reduced price :1980_boogie_down:

Real ale tiger and Howdentiger2 like this.
  20. TwoWrights

By the time of our first home match (which I'll be attending) it will have been twenty two months since my last visit to the MKM, this was for health reasons. The club have had my membership money every single month since. They could have had it up front in full last year and this year, what sort of businessman would turn down guaranteed income?