1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Finals

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Trypsin-1, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

There don't seem to be much hope for the basketball forum, but ill go ahead and post this thread anyway in the vain hope there are like minded souls on this forum.

So, it's the finals, bro.

Whilst the semis saw the unexpected presence of the Grizzlies and the Pacers, we move on to a couple of less surprising opponents in the finals. Heat are the big favourites, but if the semis are anything to go by, they ain't gonna get an easy ride by any stretch. Sure, the Spurs were expected to progress, but that thrashing was hard to watch, whilst the Heat got took to 7 games (even if that didn't stop them last year)

Despite this, I still can't see past the Heat. Even without Lebron, their first team matches the Spurs. When you factor him in, they are a much better team than the Spurs on paper. The Spurs do have much more strength in depth, but that ain't likely to affect things too much all in all.

I think it'll be close, but Heat will take it 4-3 or 4-2 (odds at 7/2 and 4/1 respectively). If you fancy a Spurs win, you can get 15/2 on both 4-3 and 4-2, which seems massive when you consider they're 2/1 to win. I also like the look of 3/1 on Heat to win from behind, but that might be unlikely considering they're playing home first.

Don't hold back with the replies. X

2. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

I'm going to completely ignore the fact this has no replies and carry on grudgingly. 92-88 to the Spurs which is good news for my bets as I've got the Heat to win from behind, Heat to win 4-3 and a bit on Spurs to win 4-3.

3. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

**** it then you shower of non existent ****s.

(Heat won game 2 making my bets very much on.)

4. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Hi Trypsin I will keep you company, I'm going to support no-one as Tampa don't have a team.:(

5. QPR New York

QPR New York Active Member

Now I have to put up with my cousin in Miami that the Heat won (again).
    Glorious...

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm going to start posting on here when the season starts again. I've been a fan since I watched Celtics v Lakers when Larry Bird hit that court long shot to win the whole thing.

I loved the finals this year Parker is one of my fav players as is Duncan so I was gutted to see them lose but what a great series.