1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Financial " fair " play starting to impact some....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

At last, this is starting to have an impact ( thought I truly despair that clubs are allowed £39 mill losses over three years and not the £8 mill max loss per year originally ).

Both Derby + Wendy look like clubs that could lose the plot should they have poor seasons this year. Wendy in particular have signed G Boyd on a free, and a Portugal CB. That's it, their lot. Looks like Forestieri or Rhodes may be sold to balance the books.

I know things have gone well results wise, however I'm so glad we've not gambled our future like other clubs and are trying to do things the correct way.

I expect a couple to have embargos this year, and surely over the next 2 / 3 years could be points penalties for several. At least we won't fail FFP, so long term if stuck in this league that can only benefit us.

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I totally agree westy, although too little too late imo. The only way for clubs to stop the madness is to hit them hard points wise, and it should be done immediately, not fining them a few mill a few years later when they're in the prem.
    If they've already been promoted, then send them back down, like they did to Swindon abd the massive points deduction for Luton.
    Atm it's a complete face. Does anyone know what is going on with QPR, weren't they supposed to get a 60m fine a few years ago?

Although your last statement is a bit contradictory westy...if we're stuck in this league, then it's not beneficial to us.

San Diego likes this.
  3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Well it's more if we're stuck in this league with more clubs getting themselves into a mess when they get fined / points docked / and we don't then this should help us a lot! Just a sodding joke FFP. Hate it and parachute payments. JOKE.

San Diego likes this.
  4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It's all a load of crap. Look how much PSG are trying to spend?
    Do you think they will see any sanctions?
    Points deduction is the only punishment that really makes a tangible difference.

itfcptc likes this.
  5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

And everyone knows my feelings on Parachute payments, ****in' joke.
    Rewarded for failure, it's madness!