1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

First names on the team sheet?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Magic Ted, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Well no one wants their keeper to be the most important player but the reality is, he is your most important right right now because you an only judge on what you know. I'm sure every Man Utd fan will hope that changes this coming season.

I'd actually say De gea and Rooney equal, only reason I didn't is because you have other forward options. It is just LVG's chose not to rate them (I'm thinking Hernandez here)

I put Migs as ours because we simply don't have another option. If we had a star striker (aka Suarez) then I would have said them because goals win games. I can't see any of Benteke, Ings, Origi, Balotelli, Borini or Lambert stepping up, nor can I see Studge getting over his sand like knees!

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

What about midfielders though? They are equally important in preventing goals and scoring them. Can is going to be important bcos he'll shield your back 4. Coutinho bcos he'll put them on a plate for the likes of Benteke.

Just to put the importance of the three I mentioned for United. We havent had that many goals from midfield as we did last season, in about 8 years. We simply havent had that. It's not even close lol. Everything relied on strikers scoring. Also even though Carrick doesnt score, the balance of the side, the team performance and win rate with Carrick was considerablly higher than without, which is why I included him.

3. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Coutinho
    Can
    Milner
    Benteke
    Skrtel

4. I believe a team should be built around a quality central midfield but I wouldn't say they were the most important. Goals win games, top keepers can be the difference between winning the league and not. You guys had a poor midfield for a short time but still won the league.

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

6. moreinjuredthanowen

I don't agree with 95% of lfc fans

1. Henderson
    2. Benteke.
    3. Milner.
    4. Coutinho
    5. Firmino

Not one defender rates a must pick for us and henderson is the only guy who gives a **** each game. Ergo no 1.

Benteke is our go to now. End of. He's got to play.

Milner is no 3 as he the same as henderson but needs to find a role and settle in.

After that the other two are pretty much the best options but there you go.

7. The reality is, of we're picking five then all five should be equally important because it depends on the area of the field. This five should be forming the spine of the team.

Our spine is Migs, Skrtel, Hendo, Coutinho and Benteke. You could argue for Milner and Sakho to included but they are behind Skrtel and Hendo respectively atm

8. moreinjuredthanowen

mingolet would not be missed if replaced... end of.

it's like this they all blend into a meh... him or another player who cares.

if this was 2013/14 you'd say suarez, sturridge, henderson (according to rodgers) and then sterling and maybe gerrard for pens.

4 and 5 get to the point of you could pick anyone really.

9. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Genuinely shocked at the lack of Can by some people, both in this list and our 1st 11. One of the first on the team sheet for me

10. Stan

Stan Stalker

That's why you find football, ie the stuff that happens on the pitch as opposed to in computer games and on the Internet, so frustrating and at times seemingly illogical.

11. None of them would be missed if replaced!

2013-14 I'd have said Suarez, Studge, Hendo, Skrtel and Gerrard

12. Gucci.Mane

Gucci.Mane Active Member

It's not the first names on the sheet I'm worried about but the rest of the team.I'm worried that Brenda won't be able to decide which is our best eleven.

13. So you want a "last names on the team sheet that will actually play when picking the strongest eleven" thread...?

Treble likes this.
  14. moreinjuredthanowen

It should be pretty simple pick our 11.

I mean Mingolet has no pressure. Clyne will be no 1 but gomez will play europa. Moreno has no competition either.

Skertl and sahko should be cbs.

Henderson and milner pick themselves... that only leaves can v lucas and hopefully not Allen. ... it all depends on can getting a chance and proving himself.

Then Firmino and coutinho need to grab those slots behind benteke. Lallana and Ings should have no chance there.

Ibe will come on at rw during games for one or other of the Brazilians.

It's for me not hard to see our first 11 and subs.

15. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Migs or Sturridge
    Sakho
    Can
    Coutinho
    Firmino

16. Gucci.Mane

Gucci.Mane Active Member

No .I'm saying I have my doubts that Brendan will be able to decide which players are the best eleven.