1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football League Show!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Jobboshinpad, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Good post. I was shocked to see our game against Ipswich wasn't right at the end, it was dire (and indeed Dyer in some instances). Level of analysis is terrible on the FLS and I'd rather they showed more highlights of the more exciting games. Should definitely be produced and edited after the games have finished.

2. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Yes they could show an extra chance or two instead of the team transport. I reckon the editor must be one of those geeks that spots buses and trains.

3. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

I have no problem with QPR, Swansea, Leeds etc been a featured game as long as the game itself is interesting and has enough to justify it been shown first. I wouldn't have expected us to be shown first last night, a 1-0 win at Coventry isn't the most exciting, but for example, in games such as our win at Forest and an end to end 3-2 derby win at Sheff Utd, i think there was enough there in those games to merit been a featured game. I remember MOTD been criticised for showing a 0-0 between Arsenal and Man city first before more exciting games. Its common sense really, you wouldn't expect a 0-0 between blackburn and Fulham to be shown first, but if Blackburn V Fulham is a 3-2 game and has more to see than a more high profile game, then that game should be chosen.

4. adamisme

adamisme Member

Perhaps if you wrote it differently than just saying 'Probably cos he's so bloody boring' then we'd be more inclined to debate with you rather than have it turn into a slanging match, after all we're all adults here, lets act like adults instead of idiots in the playground

5. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

the goals are on sky sports news from 6pm , every hour..just watch that and save the late night action as god i tended it to be-babestation.

6. robingram02

robingram02 Well-Known Member

Anyone see Cooper got sent off after picking up two yellows as Carlisle got thrashed 6 nil by Peterborough? I pvr'd football league show but couldnt be arsed to watch league 1 and 2.

7. Jerel Ifil

Well said. I can understand the logic behind catering for the big clubs, but they don't even do that, it's just based on league position. Totally flawed and the BBC need to have a big rethink about how they do the FLS, when I watch it, I feel patronized and embarrassed to be in the Championship. Well, more patronized and embarrassed than I already feel about that fact.

Fine then, I'll rephrase. Probably because the tone of his voice is not conducive to retaining the attention spans of impatient Football League Show viewers who want to watch their team.

8. adamisme

adamisme Member

please try again

9. Jerel Ifil

Please give a reasoned answer or pack in the wind-up attempts. They're getting tiresome now.

10. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

<nahnah><nahnah><nahnah><nahnah><whistle><whistle>:emoticon-0103-cool:

11. adamisme

adamisme Member

oops then perhaps you get why we don't like why you come on the board and post some of what you do. Either post sensibly on another teams board or keep it to yourself

12. adamisme

adamisme Member

I try

13. Jerel Ifil

Err... I already have been doing?

14. adamisme

adamisme Member

maybe some of your post, some have just been a bit wumish, just think before you write :)

15. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Il Duce, did you listen to NP on the BBC i-player clip? Biased, I might be, but if low memory attention span is the excuse you are providing individuals with, for not listening to just over 5 minutes of fair criticism of his own players,reasoned responses to questions put to him, and, even having a few chuckles along the way, then they would be best to look into buying the complete set Janet and John books, and, going back to school, and repeating Junior school!

16. Jerel Ifil

I will listen to it when I'm not on this computer. I've heard him plenty of times before though, it's not the content of what he says (he seems like a perfectly clever and insightful bloke) but the way he tells 'em. If I were editor of the FLS, I'm not sure I'd want lengthy manager comments anyway, but I'd still let him have his say - all I am doing here is proffering an explanation of why the current, superficial editorial team at the BBC might have decided to preclude him.

17. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't believe we're complaining that they're not showing our manager. That's the least of our problems with the BBC coverage, they can't even get the goals right. After the Cardiff game Look North managed to show Bellamy (the disallowed one in the first half) and Chopra getting goals and missed the actual 2nd goal.

As for the wood comment from il duce when he looked in the mirror. The best people could come up with was that he's a cock? No comments about being a typical Leeds fan who's in love with himself, or any homo comments because he's getting turned on looking at a man? Were we all hung over from celebrating the new club record or something?