1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football prices in the past.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

OK, had a bit of a sort out last week & came across things I'd not seen for years.
    One of which was my 1985 Milk Cup final ticket stub. I notice the price was the princely sum of £5.

Any of you older guys that were there at Wembley in '73 remember the price?

When I started going to games circa '78, we were getting in the u16's gate for £1.20.
    By the time I was 16 it was £1.60 in. We always managed to get served in the Gluepot Bar in the Roker Hotel.
    Pint of Strongarm 49p & 20 Gold Mark 99p. Those blue Mini vans with the white backs on them, serving hotdogs at 30p a time.

Was in the Roker the other week with a mate to watch the QPR game & was disappointed to find that the Gluepot is now an Italian restaurant.
    Happy, (& not so happy), days.

When I was at Wembley in '85, there was beer on sale during the whole game at £1 a pint at which we were all disgusted, lol.

2. Cristòfol

Cristòfol Member

About the equivalent of £30 to go to my teams games

3. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

1990play off against Swindon plastic bootle of lager 1.70

4. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

It really is shameful how expensive football is nowadays. Granted, I was not around at the cheaper times and I have no idea of ticket prices in the 90's as I never bought them <laugh> however it seems to have been far more affordable.

5. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

attended the old firm game at ibrox on the day of the tragerty ,with my uncle geodie as a treat ,as my father and us returned to glasgow for the new year.
    i can remember that he got me a pie which i think was about a bob (shilling)we didnt know about the deaths until we got back to drumchapple.
    also remember nearly every one had a bottle in there pockets.

6. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

went to the last home internatinal eng v n irerland still got the scarf ,programme and ticket stub, cant be bothered to go upstairs and find out the prices i paid.
    dont know why i got the scarf because i support scotland £3 i think.

i also had two fa cup final tickets for man utd v newcastle which i sold to two norwegian guys before the game in a pub for £600.
    these guys had already seen man utd win the uro cup ,the league and this was the treble game, they didnt bat an eyelid at the price, in fact the wad of ash he produced from his pocket could have bought my house, happy days

7. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

In 1973 a SAFC programme was 10p ! the Final programme cost 15p and a ticket for the final was £1. The 1937 F A cup final cost 5/- and the programme cost 6d.

8. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Just wondered about the Norwegian blokes because the European cup final is always last and after the F A cup final but i know what you mean.

9. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

When I started going I think it was 2/6 for the children;s enclodure at the front of the Roker End.

Often saw meself on Shoot,

Queue for autographs please.

x