1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football semi final 1/9/13

Discussion in 'GAA' started by Nordieknights, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Nordieknights

Nordieknights Member

It's the actual day of the semi with probably the pairing media love to see. They can trot all that nostalgia out again. Poor Paddy Cullen he must be praying that Rte constant replay gets him back on the line at least once to save the ball. Heffo's army, no corporate boxes or premium seats and the threat of being crushed to death if you we're in the canal end trying to leave the game.

Now I have never seen a outed Kerry supporter on here but where are all the dubs?. Bookies have it a 3 point game for the DUbs. Given that Kerry have played nobody other than Cork and it wasn't life or death surely the Dubs are favoured to win by more than 3 or could it be rabbit in the headlights. As so often in the past.

2. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Tyrone 1-12 Roscommon 0-13

The minor game was a stinker in the first half. I think the better team got beaten. Tyrone were dirty and cynical but I guess you need that even at minor level to get by.

The senior game was a cracker. Kerry had more in the tank than I thought they had. They achieved the best results against Cluxton's kick outs than just about anyone over the last 4-5 years. Colm Cooper was brilliant at 11 a James O'Donoghue fed off him and was a constant threat.

The Dubs were resilient and had the legs on Kerry or the last 10 minutes. Kerry tried to kill the game like they did to us in 09 but the Dubs ad lads off the bench to take the game away from them. It was a really impressive show from the Dubs up against a real test. Fair ****s.

The two best teams in the country will be meeting in the final. I don't think anyone could argue otherwise.

I want Mayo to win. I don't know if they will or not.

This week I think the ref rode the Dubs. The pen was soft.ncooper scored a point after fully 9 strides and Kerry got a couple of handy frees as well. Against all that the dubs came out on top. They maybe got a bit of a break with Cooper Vs Cooper.

3. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

mFirst off not many Dubs on this forum and like me at the match,a few negative points there but on phone so r

4. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

OAs above,Brogan got points when he never looked like he could,he was my man of the match.A few times I thought we were dead and buried

5. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Kerry played their little hearts out and still got beaten by 7 points, I would'nt say Dublin played great at all but they did enough to win and they will have to be better than that to beat Mayo.